Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CAM Trade and feedback
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:34 pm 

I successfully completed my second CAM transaction after a three year membership with CAM. It's been fun to peruse the ads, read the forums and occasionally foray into seeking a deal.

I have noted that while I have left positive feedback with the initiators in both cases, I haven't received any. I am presuming that the transactions went well. Would be beneficial to me to build some credibility here.

When I look at a particular user's profile, I can see their list of feedback while I can't see even a feedback tab in my profile. How do sellers leave feedback for buyers or in the case of trades? Am I missing something here at CAM?

Cheers

Emotiva UMC-200
Emotiva XPA-100 (3 monoblocks)
Magnepan MMG-W and MMG-C
AppleTV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:54 pm 

There's a button in the ad "Give Feedback to your buyer". Only the seller can see it. If you list an ad you'll have it. It's super big orange colour button, can't miss it.

Yeah many people don't leave feedback these days, which I think people should especially for new members that do not yet have feedback. It's important. I accumulated 100+ over 10+ years so I don't really worry too much now. But for new members, please everyone should help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 am 

You can reciprocate their generosity by deleting the feedback you have left for the other parties. You will see that option under "feedback left for others".

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:32 am 

...always bring the feedback thing up at or around the conclusion of the exchange/deal...many people need a little reminder/prompt... :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 am 

Don't be shy about asking the seller to leave f/b. It has always worked for me. It's usually an oversight on the seller's part, not some evil conspiracy.
I think I've had 2 transactions w/o f/b. One was a fraud, which I dealt with in the forums, and the other was done after the ad was taken down and it was probably best for all that no f/b was involved. Cheers. Al

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 am 

fjferal wrote:
Don't be shy about asking the seller to leave f/b. It has always worked for me. It's usually an oversight on the seller's part, not some evil conspiracy.
I think I've had 2 transactions w/o f/b. One was a fraud, which I dealt with in the forums, and the other was done after the ad was taken down and it was probably best for all that no f/b was involved. Cheers. Al

I agree that sometimes a bit of a nudge is all that is required as people are busy and just forget to leave it. When prompted to reciprocate the action, they usually do not have a problem doing so.
jp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:25 am 

How do you leave feedback for a seller ( CAM dealer ) were the sale wasn't a result of a CAM ad?.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:37 am 

KJT1 wrote:
How do you leave feedback for a seller ( CAM dealer ) were the sale wasn't a result of a CAM ad?.

Personally I wouldnt worry about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:00 am 

KJT1 wrote:

If there is a current ad, just to the right of the 'reply to ad' button is a link called 'give f/b on this seller'. I don't know if there is any other option.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:03 am 

fjferal wrote:
KJT1 wrote:

If there is a current ad, just to the right of the 'reply to ad' button is a link called 'give f/b on this seller'. I don't know if there is any other option.

Thanks', and yes I've done this before but am wondering if there was another method.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:13 am 

Personally I disagree with it...cam feedback for a non-cam transaction. Give em a shout out in the forums if they tickled yer whiskers.
If I traded some unadvertised stuff locally with a friend and cam member should we trade generic cam feedback?

Nah....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:05 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:
Personally I disagree with it...cam feedback for a non-cam transaction. Give em a shout out in the forums if they tickled yer whiskers.
If I traded some unadvertised stuff locally with a friend and cam member should we trade generic cam feedback?

Nah....

I agree. Just because a dealer advertises on CAM doesn't mean that EVERY sale should be considered a CAM deal.
By that logic, every kijiji or Craigslist deal a person makes with a CAM member should be considered a CAM deal.

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:34 am 

I haven't actually expressed an opinion on f/b. Here it is.
These online trading platforms work on trust. The main way to assess trustworthiness is by f/b.
Therefore it's in everyone's interest for both sides to leave honest f/b.
Gaming the system with penny transactions or fake transactions with friends or multiple accounts is wrong.
I don't see anything wrong with generic f/b or f/b for off-site transactions as long as it's accurate.
If most of us do the right thing most of the time the system will survive just like in real life.
Cheers. Al

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:05 am 

fjferal wrote:
I haven't actually expressed an opinion on f/b. Here it is.
These online trading platforms work on trust. The main way to assess trustworthiness is by f/b.
Therefore it's in everyone's interest for both sides to leave honest f/b.
Gaming the system with penny transactions or fake transactions with friends or multiple accounts is wrong.
I don't see anything wrong with generic f/b or f/b for off-site transactions as long as it's accurate.
If most of us do the right thing most of the time the system will survive just like in real life.
Cheers. Al

The problem is, Al, that leaving feedback for off-CAM transactions is against the rules. Perhaps a moderator will clarify that for us.

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:05 am 

Can generic feedback be traced?
Nope...
And because of that how much worth is in those words?

And let's face it, we're talking about a dealer, not some kijiji schmuck.