Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 am 

Figured I'd share this deal as it is pretty sweet - this box set usually goes for $250+, and on sale on Amazon.ca for $96.36!

Link here: https://amzn.to/2RVZmCV

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:30 am 

Not a huge Springsteen fan, but vol 2 is from 1987-1996 and IMHO, his best stuff was pre 1987.

Good value though if you like the albums.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:40 am 

Op, thank you!

Reasons to buy this:
  • These albums were part of the digital invasion. I do not have many on vinyl.
  • It has the Ghost of Tom Joad, which may be his greatest album. Always wanted it on vinyl.
  • The lovely Fender tweed case. I debate decorating my house in Fender tweed.

Main reason not to buy this: Springsteen has always had pretty bad production, and it just gets worse over time IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 am 

Right on

Thanx for the heads up. I didn't believe it till I saw it. Ordered mine immediately

-- 15 Nov 2018 12:59 --

Right on

Thanx for the heads up. I didn't believe it till I saw it. Ordered mine immediately

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:39 am 

How did you know the collection was listed lower than usual? Is there a "price alert" function on Amazon? Or were you just keeping an eye on it yourself? Thanks.

W4S DAC-1/Benchmark DAC-1, Shanling CD-S100/Sony BDP-S3100

Cain & Cain Abbys, Musical Paradise MP-301 v3, Acurus DIA-150, Vandersteen 2 CE Sigs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:45 am 

Chr3is wrote:
How did you know the collection was listed lower than usual? Is there a "price alert" function on Amazon? Or were you just keeping an eye on it yourself? Thanks.

There's a website that tracks amazon prices. If yo uare using Chrome browser they have a plug in for it too so you don't have to go to their website anymore.
Check it out: https://camelcamelcamel.com/

Here is the Bruce Springsteen collection from the OP: https://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Album-Collection-Vol-1987-1996-Vinyl/product/B07BLJDYVK

You can set price alerts too if you want and they'll e-mail you when the item you want goes under the set price.
It's a pretty helpful site.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:13 pm 

I just ordered my set as well; I have 5 or 6 of the albums already but will sell them off. It is always nice to get brandy new, shiny LPs!! 8)

Thanks for letting us know!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:01 pm 
Premium User

Price is now back at its normal level. I missed it lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:06 pm 

264.11 Now

-- 15 Nov 2018 19:07 --

264.11 Now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:21 pm 

thanks Krisztain.

W4S DAC-1/Benchmark DAC-1, Shanling CD-S100/Sony BDP-S3100

Cain & Cain Abbys, Musical Paradise MP-301 v3, Acurus DIA-150, Vandersteen 2 CE Sigs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:26 pm 

Bruce Springsteen had one hit .....born in the usa...... and even that one doesn't speak to my emotions or express me ,I wasn't born there,so thanks I will pass.
George

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:54 pm 

Chr3is wrote:

I run a Facebook page called Cheap Vinyl in Canada - http://facebook.com/cheapvinylincanada, where I post deals as they come up (and others who notice deals tend to send them to me to post). I also occasionally post and/or find deals on Reddit's VinylDeals page, which is very US-centric, but often has some Canadian deals - http://reddit.com/r/vinyldeals

Other than that, as another person said, ca.camelcamelcamel.com is great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:50 pm 

raindogtrombone wrote:
Chr3is wrote:

I run a Facebook page called Cheap Vinyl in Canada - http://facebook.com/cheapvinylincanada, where I post deals as they come up (and others who notice deals tend to send them to me to post). I also occasionally post and/or find deals on Reddit's VinylDeals page, which is very US-centric, but often has some Canadian deals - http://reddit.com/r/vinyldeals

Other than that, as another person said, ca.camelcamelcamel.com is great.[/quote

Thanks! for posting this. I am working at the shop, changing snow tires (of course in the snow)....and the Amazon delivery guy arrived....so I am taking a break from mounting tires on the company truck and am sitting in my office, listening to Chimes of Freedom.

This is nice stuff! And free delivery in two days. All the vinyl is heavy (120g? ) and quiet as a tomb. Recording values are also quite high....so they play nicely with my Thorens.

Again, thanks!