Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:14 am 

Hi, I’m having a problem with Emotiva denying me the promiced HDMI board update. When I purchased the unit from Summit HiFi the updated board was in development and was to either be shipped to buyers or factory installed for free as part of the purchace. This was almost two years ago now. Well after a delay the started a sign up list for people waiting for the board. I sighed up. The after lots of delays the new board was available in February, I awaited my email and it never came. First batch gone so I emailed into be sure to get one of next batch. The resonce was” i will contact you personally when they arrive”. True to thier word they did, but the hitch was I wasn’t eligible for a free one as I had bought it from a dealer rather than directly from them.
Summit was a dealer at the time of purchase and the are not now. I purchased it from Summit and hve nothing but good things to say about them. Emotiva at the time did not have a good shipping set up to Canada so thats one of the reasons I purchased in Canada.
Bottom line, has enyone else had problems with Emotiva?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:01 pm 

Hi
I will try to help you with the question. I don't own the XMC1 ,because it was so long under development if you remember the Emotiva forums at the time. It took them years ,I think to bring the XMC1 out. I lost interest while waiting.
Having said that,I do own three Emotiva products .The DC1 dac ,and two (2) XPR2 reference amps. All products are fine no complains BUT when I purchased my first XPR2 ,I bought directly from Emotiva and customer service was fine and it was shipped to me here in Toronto. The amp is over 100lbs so you know. All good then.
After this purchase about a year or so later ,I decided I was happy to buy a second unit (XPR2) to be able to biamp my speakers.
I went back to Emotiva website to buy the second amp only to find out they had changed their shipping policy and didn't ship the XPR line to Canada anymore. I tried to convince them over the phone but no bulge . The sales man was rude and even their manager I spoke too (some lady I think the owners wife wasn't helpful or understanding at all) .
Then I started looking for a used unit and later I found out ,they dropped the whole XPR line but at that time they did have some XPR1 in stock (stupid me I should of grabbed two of those but anyway,I didn't.
So to make long story short,I found a new (lucky me) XPR2 for sale from the Emotiva forums and the seller was willing to ship to Canada. I bought the amp instantly ,thus I have a pair now and feel content.
So my issue is NOT with the products but poor customer service,even though they realized their mistake later and since have flooded with offers to buy something else .
George