All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 am 

Attachment:
open-uri20171101-43-19nta0l.jpg
open-uri20171101-43-19nta0l.jpg [ 53.8 KiB | Viewed 779 times ]
Attachment:
open-uri20171101-43-19nta0l.jpg
open-uri20171101-43-19nta0l.jpg [ 53.8 KiB | Viewed 779 times ]

Just in time, for that audiophool that likes a turntable but really doesn't like music or the bother of LP's.
Nice to know Crosley and Candle have a worthy competitor.
It's Bluetooth capable, portable and that's about it for specs.
Sadly :roll: it's sold out.
Price at this time unknown but I'm betting a fine piece of landfill like this will go for at least $125.
Brought to you buy that audio standard bearer GOOP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am 

Is the power cord really pink ?!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 am 

It actually looks like a decent table. Just by the looks of it - a decent looking arm with counterweight (compared to garbage that doesn't have the weight adjustment), AT95 cartridge, which is an outstanding beginner cartridge. It weighs 17lbs, which is quite a bit, even compared to started tables from the 80s (like plastic Duals and Pioneers).

The problem is the price. According to online articles, it's $500 USD, which will make it more expensive than RP1 or Orbit table. So unfortunately it's not a beginner table, and it's priced way out of its intended market (IMHO), if you don't need wireless connectivity, spotify, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 am 

zhenya01 wrote:
It actually looks like a decent table. Just by the looks of it - a decent looking arm with counterweight (compared to garbage that doesn't have the weight adjustment), AT95 cartridge, which is an outstanding beginner cartridge. It weighs 17lbs, which is quite a bit, even compared to started tables from the 80s (like plastic Duals and Pioneers).

The problem is the price. According to online articles, it's $500 USD, which will make it more expensive than RP1 or Orbit table. So unfortunately it's not a beginner table, and it's priced way out of its intended market (IMHO), if you don't need wireless connectivity, spotify, etc.

$500!!! Ok, I missed that by a mile. I noticed the cartridge but it still strikes me as a novelty item for hipsters.
It doesn't look too terrible but its hard to take it seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:37 am 

I especially like its name. trntbl. Original (or should I say rgnl 8) )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm 

zhenya01 wrote:

Does it look like Tarzan and play like Jane is the question?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:33 pm 

does millennials care about gold these days? I am not sure.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:49 pm 

I personally hate those Project Limited Beatles tables. Have you seen the White Album one? :lol: looks like someone took a can of white spray paint to it . So original.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:55 pm 

Gerhard Roemer wrote:
I personally hate those Project Limited Beatles tables. Have you seen the White Album one? :lol: looks like someone took a can of white spray paint to it . So original.

Looks aside, they are probably a lot better than the Bluetooth special TRNTBL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:14 pm 

That power cord is ridiculous
Hopefully there will be other color options not just this Dr Dre gangsta rap edition.

If any of my friends were looking for a starter table I'd probably recommend a used vintage or a Pro-Ject over this

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:29 am 

Krisztian wrote:
That power cord is ridiculous
Hopefully there will be other color options not just this Dr Dre gangsta rap edition.

If any of my friends were looking for a starter table I'd probably recommend a used vintage or a Pro-Ject over this

If you gave them this thing I can't see them staying friends.
Here's an excerpt from Business Insider:
The turntable is minimalist, available in creme or black, and features a translucent platter with gold knobs and tonearm. It can play 33 1/3- and 45-rpm records, though it doesn't come with a 45-rpm adapter.
While it calls itself "wireless," technically this term solely refers to the fact that you don't need to mess with analog cables or outputs in order to connect to a speaker. You do still need to plug a cord into the wall to power your turntable.

Getting started requires a one-time setup process through its app in order to establish a connection between your turntable and your Sonos speakers. You can also choose to connect it to any Bluetooth speakers. After this set-up, you only need to place the needle on the vinyl in order to start enjoying your music.

As you play your favorite records, you can easily share them with friends. TRNTBL is the first record player on the market that connects with Spotify, identifies each song you're listening to, and automatically generates a playlist for you based on your analog listening history. I'm always adding to my collection of collaborative playlists on Spotify that allow my friends and I to show each other all the music we're currently excited about. New discoveries are a fun part of listening to music and TRNTBL streamlines the discovery process so that you can simply click "Follow" on a friend's great taste in vinyl.