Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fraud Warning
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:12 am 

Heads Up!!! Do not deal with member handle name "Moot" or email address douglas.m.robertson@gmail.com. They will take your money and you will not receive your purchase nor will they respond or answer your emails after.

Last edited by Mahogany57 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fraud Warning
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:28 am 

report it to a mod to look into it look at his feedback he sold those amps to someone else unless he had others not likely

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 am 

Update!!! It appears I am not the only one scammed here. New feedback for "Moot" just posted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:45 am 

Mahogany57 wrote:
Update!!! It appears I am not the only one scammed here. New feedback for "Moot" just posted.

z

Last edited by Musicware4u on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:15 am 

GOOD NEWS - finally received an email from the seller after several weeks of no response. He has shipped the item Friday Oct 12) and have the tracking number. Hopefully things will go smoothly from here. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:48 am 

Mahogany57 wrote:
Heads Up!!! Do not deal with member handle name "Moot" or email address douglas.m.robertson@gmail.com. They will take your money and you will not receive your purchase nor will they respond or answer your emails after.

Had good feedback till now.

Too bad we cannot hear their side of the story...

Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:59 am 

AudiOhm wrote:
Mahogany57 wrote:

Had good feedback till now.

Too bad we cannot hear their side of the story...

Ohms

Indeed.

My first post commenting this thread was "moot" - a play on the sellers handle and of the topic of thread was strangely deleted.

Mind you have noticed a couple of quick to judge whistleblowers lately.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:57 am 

It may be moot, but look at his feedback ... did he sell the item twice? Did the first person send it back? Lets wait and see how things turn out.

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:19 am 

Tom_r wrote:
It may be moot, but look at his feedback ... did he sell the item twice? Did the first person send it back? Lets wait and see how things turn out.

well if ya looks closer there were 2 amps in the pic.

maybe just sold individually??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:56 am 

Just so we are updated. I finally received a message from Doug after two weeks of no reply's since he was paid. He told me he had shipped the amp yesterday (Friday the 12th) and has provided me with tracking number. I'm not sure what his problem was but if you pay someone for an item and then there is no response to emails for weeks then it is reasonable to think your getting scammed. Hopefully, it will arrive late but without any other problems.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:12 am 

Mahogany57 wrote:
Just so we are updated. I finally received a message from Doug after two weeks of no reply's since he was paid. He told me he had shipped the amp yesterday (Friday the 12th) and has provided me with tracking number. I'm not sure what his problem was but if you pay someone for an item and then there is no response to emails for weeks then it is reasonable to think your getting scammed. Hopefully, it will arrive late but without any other problems.

mahogany57 IS PART OF THE SCAM
WARNING

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:08 am 

markolino72 wrote:
Mahogany57 wrote:

WARNING

Let me see if I understand this. You are in Switzerland, not Canada. You have been here just shy of 4 years, but you have never bought or sold anything on the site, and your first and only forum post is an unsubstantiated accusation against the OP ... no details, nothing. Did I miss something, or are you just a troll?

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:34 am 

Quadzilla wrote:
markolino72 wrote:
Mahogany57 wrote:

WARNING

Let me see if I understand this. You are in Switzerland, not Canada. You have been here just shy of 4 years, but you have never bought or sold anything on the site, and your first and only forum post is an unsubstantiated accusation against the OP ... no details, nothing. Did I miss something, or are you just a troll?

He left Moot a negative as well. How he figures the OP into the scam equation is a mystery...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:13 am 

Quadzilla wrote:
markolino72 wrote:
Mahogany57 wrote:

WARNING

i'm not a troll
i had contact with "doug" on 10 oct since then "Nothing"
i payed 860cad with paypal for the nm24
nm24 is already sold on 2014
maybe the original account of moot has been hacked?

mahogany is member from 11 sept
if he is not part of the scam, maybe he can post the tracking number!!!! so everyone can verify!!!

why doug sent the 840w on 12oct and not the nm24 for me?

just be carefull that's all !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 am 

^ At least you have recourse through paypal...

The OP had to roll in the mud with the seller to get his purchase (maybe a box of rocks) shipped. Nothing obvious whatsoever to suggest he is 'part of the scam'.

He was several weeks, you're 5 days. Maybe the guy works remote.....