Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:29 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Its been a very long time since Linn has released a new series of product and for those of you that have been waiting and watching.... its finally happened!! The new Selekt series from Linn is absolutely incredible with a new slick look along with their state of the art Katalyst DAC.

Questions? I'm certain there are many!

Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, or to book a demo.
There is also introductory specials for those who wish to get on board this month.

Star Electronics
1136 The Queensway
Toronto, Ontario M8Z1P7
P. 416 251-1111

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:18 pm 

This is the first time linn has used Class D amplification. How will the amplification compare to Akurate and Majik?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Yes that is correct but as many of you know D class amps have come a long way, especially over the past couple years as they they are quite impressive these days. The Selekt DSM is no slouch and its performance supersedes the Majik. I may also add, It sounds better than the Akurate in some areas.. To top it off Linn will be offering cartridges or amp modules for Selekt DSM giving you up to 600 watts of power. This can be used all for just 2 channel stereo or even a stereo/home theatre application. Regardless, I guess what I'm trying to say here is these new amplifiers are outstanding and don't let the fact that its D class fool you.... things have changed and there is merit to a D class amplifier.... especially when you hear the Selekt DSM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:28 pm 

sevan7 wrote:
Yes that is correct but as many of you know D class amps have come a long way, especially over the past couple years as they they are quite impressive these days. The Selekt DSM is no slouch and its performance supersedes the Majik. I may also add, It sounds better than the Akurate in some areas.. To top it off Linn will be offering cartridges or amp modules for Selekt DSM giving you up to 600 watts of power. This can be used all for just 2 channel stereo or even a stereo/home theatre application. Regardless, I guess what I'm trying to say here is these new amplifiers are outstanding and don't let the fact that its D class fool you.... things have changed and there is merit to a D class amplifier.... especially when you hear the Selekt DSM

I'm interested to know:

RE: " ....these new amplifiers are outstanding and don't let the fact that its D class fool you.... things have changed and there is merit to a D class amplifier.... especially when you hear the Selekt DSM "

What are the "merits" of Class 'D' exactly ? And, what is this piece/amp valued at ?

pj