Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6693
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Is it proper for someone to have both a Dealer and a User Account at the same time?

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 am
Posts: 1939
Location: Fairport Beach (in Pickering), ON, CA
Are you think User buys up the bargains and re-sells as the Dealer?

_________________
Tom

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:33 am 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:02 am
Posts: 1248
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Nope. Canuck rules forbid someone having two accounts.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 2898
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
I could see where a dealer would want to sell/trade his private collection outside of his business interests.
I've also seen a local dealer list low value items on Kijiji that don't show up on CAM.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:44 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:18 pm
Posts: 715
Location: Thornhill, ON, CA
All you really need are 2 email addresses to setup 2 accounts.

Based on the lowballers, flippers and other dodgy stuff I have encountered, I have no doubt certain people use multiple accounts.

If you come across clear evidence of this, it should be reported to the moderators.

_________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
No matter how much water you can soak up with a sponge, you can always break a window with a hammer!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:47 am 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:02 am
Posts: 1248
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Two email addresses will do it, but if a Moderator stumbles across the fact that they are both using the same ISP address (?) they'll contact you and tell you that you have to choose which one they shut-down.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:20 am
Posts: 5204
Location: London, ON, CA
I asked this same question of a moderator, and he told me that paid dealers are allowed to have a second personal account. A certain grey market Linn 'dealer' absolutely has two accounts. This doesn't seem ethical to me, but perhaps the moderator will chime in and verify this for us.

_________________
1978 Rickenbacker 4001, 2010 Gibson Thunderbird, and Dean Fretless Basses;
1987 Guild Nightbird, 2000 Taylor 310KCE, and Godin 5th Avenue Guitars.

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:04 pm
Posts: 2484
Location: saskatoon, SK, CA
i can see and understand where this is going but for the sake of argument is there any difference than say someone having a work and personal cell phone and the reasoning behind it?

_________________
You like that Redgren Grumbholdt reference? Yeah. Well, guess what? I made him up. You really are your father's children. Think for yourselves. Don't be sheep.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:10 am 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6693
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Quadzilla wrote:
I asked this same question of a moderator, and he told me that paid dealers are allowed to have a second personal account. A certain grey market Linn 'dealer' absolutely has two accounts. This doesn't seem ethical to me, but perhaps the moderator will chime in and verify this for us.


Yes...this person is a 'Dealer' but has a personal account as well.

I was under the same impression that AVguy stated...rules forbid having 2 accounts.

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:52 pm
Posts: 361
Location: North Gower, ON, CA
Voodoo Funk wrote:
Is it proper for someone to have both a Dealer and a User Account at the same time?


If you mean a dealer being on the Forum, I'm very Ok with it.
We've had some very good and helpful advice on a variety of subjects from guys on this forum that are also dealers.

Ott.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:20 am
Posts: 5204
Location: London, ON, CA
Voodoo Funk wrote:
Quadzilla wrote:
I asked this same question of a moderator, and he told me that paid dealers are allowed to have a second personal account. A certain grey market Linn 'dealer' absolutely has two accounts. This doesn't seem ethical to me, but perhaps the moderator will chime in and verify this for us.


Yes...this person is a 'Dealer' but has a personal account as well.

I was under the same impression that AVguy stated...rules forbid having 2 accounts.


I was under the same impression, but the moderator was pretty clear about it.

-- 23 Sep 2018 11:26 --

ottguit wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:
Is it proper for someone to have both a Dealer and a User Account at the same time?


If you mean a dealer being on the Forum, I'm very Ok with it.
We've had some very good and helpful advice on a variety of subjects from guys on this forum that are also dealers.

Ott.


Not only the forums, but the classifieds too. I think that most of us can agree that it is kinda slimy.

_________________
1978 Rickenbacker 4001, 2010 Gibson Thunderbird, and Dean Fretless Basses;
1987 Guild Nightbird, 2000 Taylor 310KCE, and Godin 5th Avenue Guitars.

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 14988
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
I know of at least 2 high profile dealers on CAM that also have separate personal accounts. The dealer accounts are usually used for announcements in the Dealer Forum, but not always.

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:20 am
Posts: 5204
Location: London, ON, CA
ripblade wrote:
I know of at least 2 high profile dealers on CAM that also have separate personal accounts. The dealer accounts are usually used for announcements in the Dealer Forum, but not always.


I really don't have a problem with that, but it is a whole different matter when they buy and sell simultaniously with both accounts.

_________________
1978 Rickenbacker 4001, 2010 Gibson Thunderbird, and Dean Fretless Basses;
1987 Guild Nightbird, 2000 Taylor 310KCE, and Godin 5th Avenue Guitars.

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:45 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 9858
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
I don't see the harm if the dealer/person doesn't use the threads to shill. :wink:

_________________
"There's no place like Space...."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline
Premium User

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 117
Location: st catharines, ON, CA
If a person charges tax then get a dealer account. That's more then unethical and if a distributor finds out a person is active both via a personal account and dealer account they will have a big issue with this. As far as I'm concerned it's one or the other but not both. Having two accounts is no good for a person who is a dealer or striving to be a dealer. It will bite a person very hard eventually


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group