Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:09 am 

Hi guys. I'm very keen on ordering a pair of Daedulus Audio Muse speakers.
However I'm scared of ordering blind, they are about $8,000 USD / pair and that's not an insignificant amount of money for me. I really want to audition a pair of their speaker (honestly any of their lineup should be fine, the Muse, Athena and Ussylus would be top 3 picks) could ANYONE point me in the right direction to get an audition locally? Be it a dealer who has a pair in stock, an owner who wouldn't mind me visiting..? I live in the GTA but could travel a few hours just for an audition.

I wouldn't mind some more info from owners either. Thank you very much for your time, I look forward to any responses!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:55 pm 

That's a big hit. I'd consider the idea of one day trying to sell these speakers that only a few people may have heard (of).

Are there no other speakers in the price range you would consider purchasing? Search the CAM classifieds...

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/classif ... price_desc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:25 pm 

Other than the gorgeous cabinetry, what is it about these that tweaks your interest? The speakers are expensive, but so is the cabinetry...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm 

Pretty cabinet work. You may as well go to the Zeus though. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:50 pm 

Pretty cabinet, so potential buyer doesn't notice they use a modified 5'' Fostex as a midrange driver, cost 150$ a pair.

Attachments:
fe126en.jpg
fe126en.jpg [ 40.24 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]
Athena.jpg
Athena.jpg [ 118.69 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 am 

kwadzilla wrote:
That's a big hit. I'd consider the idea of one day trying to sell these speakers that only a few people may have heard (of).

Are there no other speakers in the price range you would consider purchasing? Search the CAM classifieds...

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/classif ... price_desc

I've been scouring the classifieds hourly. I've yet to come across anything to pique my interest.
The only thing that's REALLY anywhere half interesting to me is a dealer pair of JBL 4367 that I had to actually call to ask if he had one for sale, because it's not listed on their ads or website.

As for why it interests me? I was looking to get a nearly full range speaker (or at least, much more full range than my current bookshelves), something that would not have first point reflection issues in my small room, something that is designed to be used nearfield, or, tuned for smaller rooms, and something with a very aesthetically pleasing look to it.

The Muse studio fits all of these for me and I've yet to find another speaker that does.

-- 24 Sep 2018 17:37 --

kcross wrote:
Pretty cabinet work. You may as well go to the Zeus though. :D

I was considering the next speaker up from the Muse, the Athena, but Lou reccomends the Muse or Muse studio in my small room over the Athena.

-- 24 Sep 2018 17:42 --

Shogun wrote:
Pretty cabinet, so potential buyer doesn't notice they use a modified 5'' Fostex as a midrange driver, cost 150$ a pair.

Actually yes I know exactly how much the drivers cost. It doesn't bother me if only 5% of the speaker cost is to the drivers, the overall design of the speaker, and the knowledge of the designer is what you're paying for. I'm actually very skeptical that Daedulus speakers sound as good their owners claim, when doing research into the brand, I noticed almost all owners had previously owned Harbeth speakers... no duh the Daedulus would sound better, bigger sounding. Even the bookshelf Daedulus speaker, the Pan, is almost 100lb each.

-- 24 Sep 2018 17:45 --

Anyway the point of this thread was not to talk about why Daedulus Audio may not be worth it, it was to encourage discussion of any local owners of the brand. I think it's fair to say that because I feel an audition is mandatory, that I'm not so blinded by the cabinetry work that I want them at no cost. Anyway thanks for anyone who's responded. It helped organize my thoughts some.