Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 pm 
Premium User

I'm curious if forum topics are screened & approved by a mod before showing up in the Forum Messages list or is it automated? I've noticed that, on occasion, a new message that I post, even though perfectly innocuous & music related, never shows up on the list of recent posts?

Case in point a post I made tonight in the Lounge that I think would have alot of fun factor for us geezers of a certain vintage: Dinner with Rush. It's mostly a just a link to a 12 min. Youtube video & perhaps that's the reason.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50791

Unless someone is looking in the CAM Lounge they might not otherwise see it.

Ariston RD11 Superieur, RB250 & Tecnoweight, DV20X2H, LCR MkIII, Dacmagic100, Exposure 2010S2, AS Statement SEs, AS Testaments, PSB GT1s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 pm 

You mean the View active topics list?

I see your Rush post there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:57 am 

I have just moved this to the Site Help, suggestions and Requests Forum as this is probably the best place for it to be seen and addressed by management.

To your first question about Culling; no Culling or pre-selection is done for ANY forum topic.

Second question about New Topics in the CAM Lounge. IIRC, Lounge Topics are usually not listed in the Forums Messages list on the CAM Classified site. I believe tha this is n automated function.

The Active Topics list on the Forum Site is a different story as it lists ALL recent ctivity in ALL the forums, except for the Mods Forum.

CAM Moderation Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:31 am 

On any forum page, 4 lines down on the left there's a tab for 'view active topics'. Click on that and your rush post is only down the first page list about a third of the page. I think you'll see around 30 of the most recent threads of the first page of View Active Topics.... Loung threads don't appear on the home page listing on the right side.