Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
I was wondering how much does this table go for in Canada ( Canadian dollars ) and which stores in the Ottawa or Montreal area carry them?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:42 pm
Posts: 1505
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Not sure about Ottawa or MTL, but Bay Bloor Radio has them listed for $2499.00 here in Toronto.
Also, Trutone Electronics has it on their website as well... same price.

Loving my new 1200"G" .. 8)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:33 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
In Ottawa, The Record Centre on Wellington.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 3267
Location: London, ON, CA
Phono Groove wrote:
I was wondering how much does this table go for in Canada ( Canadian dollars ) and which stores in the Ottawa or Montreal area carry them?

A simple google will reveal what you seek. :wink:
Just an example, enjoy...
https://www.theelectronicdepot.ca/turntables/technics-sl1200gr-turntable.html

Regards
Ohms

_________________
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” ----Mark Twain

www.leohl.ca


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:48 pm
Posts: 2401
Location: West GTA, ON, CA
I have read all the reviews, but has anyone actually heard this table? If so, what are their thoughts?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:02 pm
Posts: 21
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Vinyl Guy wrote:
I have read all the reviews, but has anyone actually heard this table? If so, what are their thoughts?

I have this table for around 2 weeks.
I have not listened enough different turntables to give any reliable comments since the tt you listen to basically all have different cartridge and setup. But I can say it is more.musical and has a better definition and quieter back ground than my Dual 505 2. Cartridge I used was a Goldring 2200.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 2662
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
AudiOhm wrote:
Phono Groove wrote:
I was wondering how much does this table go for in Canada ( Canadian dollars ) and which stores in the Ottawa or Montreal area carry them?

A simple google will reveal what you seek. :wink:
Just an example, enjoy...
https://www.theelectronicdepot.ca/turntables/technics-sl1200gr-turntable.html

Regards
Ohms


I can't imagine they will sell many of these 1200's at this price point of $2499 US. There are many SL 1200's available used that cost out at $600 or so. The original SL 1200, MK II etc.. must be at least as good as this new version.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm
Posts: 3011
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Musicware4u wrote:
AudiOhm wrote:
Phono Groove wrote:
I was wondering how much does this table go for in Canada ( Canadian dollars ) and which stores in the Ottawa or Montreal area carry them?

A simple google will reveal what you seek. :wink:
Just an example, enjoy...
https://www.theelectronicdepot.ca/turntables/technics-sl1200gr-turntable.html

Regards
Ohms


I can't imagine they will sell many of these 1200's at this price point of $2499 US. There are many SL 1200's available used that cost out at $600 or so. The original SL 1200, MK II etc.. must be at least as good as this new version.


Despite similar aesthetics, the tables are quite different.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48844&start=15#p776016

There are reports that the 1200G and 1200GR have enjoyed strong sales. Perhaps not so much in Canada, but these tables are highly sought after in Japan and Asia. These strong sales could be part of the reasoning behind the re-introduction of the SP-10 and SP-10R.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 am
Posts: 245
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Phono Groove wrote:
I was wondering how much does this table go for in Canada ( Canadian dollars ) and which stores in the Ottawa or Montreal area carry them?

https://fillion.ca/en/catalog/product/4 ... -SL-1200GR
Fillion is an authorized dealer and they are not far from my place! $2500 is the retail price, not sure you can get it less at this point. One day I hope to get one to replace my 1200MK2 that I foolishly sold!! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group