Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

Post subject: New News IS Good News!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:09 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

On occasion it is said that "No news is good news"!
Not this time - The following is new news and it's good news.

3dB Sound Company is pleased to announce that we have a new associate - Mr. Doron Or.
Doron is a representative distributor for the very fine Westlake Audio speaker products as well as the splendid tube-based amplification products from McAlister Audio.

And now - to start things off - Doron has provided some introductory information for your perusal.

"About myself:
I am family man (married with two children), Chemical Engineer by Profession.
I have been working in the Oil & Gas industry for the last 21 years as a Technical Sales Rep, providing application engineering, technical service and support for rotating equipment related technical products (Mechanical Seals).

Since I was a teenager, I developed a strong interest and passion in both music and sound reproduction. Being curious and eager to learn, I have had the chance to collaborate with fellow audiophiles who introduced me to many high-end audio products.

Throughout my journey to achieve the best possible sound, within my means, and my existing acoustics, I had the chance to listen to a variety of audio systems which included audio products in both source, amplification, speakers and cabling.
I have had experience with various turntables (eventually building my own), various amplifiers such as: Solid
state (MOSFET, bi-polar, Class A, Class AB), Hybrids, Tube (Push-Pull, SET’s, OTL’s, ZOTL), Class D amplifiers, etc.
I was also fortunate enough to listen to many different speaker systems - Box Speakers (sealed, ported, transmission line), Electrostatic Panels, Hybrids, Ribbons, Horn Systems, Open Baffle, Single Driver, Plasma Tweeters, Active Units, etc.

In 2011, I attended the Montreal Audio show and was introduced to Peter McAlister and his McAlister Audio OTL amplifiers.
This was a life changing experience for me and made me rethink how my system should sound like. His circuit design ingenuity, vast technical knowledge and experience resulted in products which are unique in the industry.

In 2014 I was lucky to encounter Westlake Audio Speakers at CES2014. Another life changing experience: After having a chance to listen to a pair in my own system, I knew that my search for the ultimate speaker system was over.
As a passionate audiophile my goal is to enhance the experience of sound reproduction to others.

By sharing my knowledge, experience , technical skills and excellent communication and customer service, I believe that I can help others implement Westlake Audio and McAlister Audio Products in a unique, personalized manner to achieve the best possible sound in their listening space, within their budget.
In addition I offer in-house demos (mine and/or yours), technical support and assistance in matching Westlake Audio speakers with McAlister Audio amps.
By setting them up with the client together, we will ensure optimization of these products and addressing all variables
which effect the sound quality.

I can be reached at:
email: doronor3@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 am 

3dB Sound Company wrote:
On occasion it is said that "No news is good news"!
Not this time - The following is new news and it's good news.

3dB Sound Company is pleased to announce that we have a new associate - Mr. Doron Or.
Doron is a representative distributor for the very fine Westlake Audio speaker products as well as the splendid tube-based amplification products from McAlister Audio.

And now - to start things off - Doron has provided some introductory information for your perusal.

"About myself:
I am family man (married with two children), Chemical Engineer by Profession.
I have been working in the Oil & Gas industry for the last 21 years as a Technical Sales Rep, providing application engineering, technical service and support for rotating equipment related technical products (Mechanical Seals).

Since I was a teenager, I developed a strong interest and passion in both music and sound reproduction. Being curious and eager to learn, I have had the chance to collaborate with fellow audiophiles who introduced me to many high-end audio products.

Throughout my journey to achieve the best possible sound, within my means, and my existing acoustics, I had the chance to listen to a variety of audio systems which included audio products in both source, amplification, speakers and cabling.
I have had experience with various turntables (eventually building my own), various amplifiers such as: Solid
state (MOSFET, bi-polar, Class A, Class AB), Hybrids, Tube (Push-Pull, SET’s, OTL’s, ZOTL), Class D amplifiers, etc.
I was also fortunate enough to listen to many different speaker systems - Box Speakers (sealed, ported, transmission line), Electrostatic Panels, Hybrids, Ribbons, Horn Systems, Open Baffle, Single Driver, Plasma Tweeters, Active Units, etc.

In 2011, I attended the Montreal Audio show and was introduced to Peter McAlister and his McAlister Audio OTL amplifiers.
This was a life changing experience for me and made me rethink how my system should sound like. His circuit design ingenuity, vast technical knowledge and experience resulted in products which are unique in the industry.

In 2014 I was lucky to encounter Westlake Audio Speakers at CES2014. Another life changing experience: After having a chance to listen to a pair in my own system, I knew that my search for the ultimate speaker system was over.
As a passionate audiophile my goal is to enhance the experience of sound reproduction to others.

By sharing my knowledge, experience , technical skills and excellent communication and customer service, I believe that I can help others implement Westlake Audio and McAlister Audio Products in a unique, personalized manner to achieve the best possible sound in their listening space, within their budget.
In addition I offer in-house demos (mine and/or yours), technical support and assistance in matching Westlake Audio speakers with McAlister Audio amps.
By setting them up with the client together, we will ensure optimization of these products and addressing all variables
which effect the sound quality.

I can be reached at:
email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great introduction and I am sure you can provide valuable assistance to your customers in your area as well as CAMers Canada Wide. I might suggest, however, you remove your email from your posting. Direct telephone numbers and emails are fodder for the ever-lurking trolls and spammers. Unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 am 

I thought that 3dB Sound Company... Closed last year (March 2017) ???

http://edmonton.carpediem.cd/events/301 ... d-company/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Takira71A wrote:
I thought that 3dB Sound Company... Closed last year (March 2017) ???

http://edmonton.carpediem.cd/events/301 ... d-company/

The sticks and bricks version of the store closed. I kept the name (mostly because I thought of it)