Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:56 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Orangeville, ON, CA
I have again had a case of a seller refusing feedback before getting theirs from me.Once the buyer has paid, their obligation to the seller is met.This practice got so bad on Ebay they banned negative seller feedback.If this is allowed to continue,seller feedback is worthless.I am looking for thoughts on this from other users and intend to complain to moderators unless my opinion is incorrect.I will identify the seller if it comes to that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:18 am
Posts: 162
Location: Nepean, ON, CA
I agree. As a seller, if a buyer has purchased one of my items, paid for it, and it's left my posession, I leave feedback.
The buyer should reciprocate.
Pretty simple, yet many still can't quite grasp the concept.

_________________
Formerly "cableguy"
Unity Audio


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:56 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Orangeville, ON, CA
Unity Audio wrote:
I agree. As a seller, if a buyer has purchased one of my items, paid for it, and it's left my posession, I leave feedback.
The buyer should reciprocate.
Pretty simple, yet many still can't quite grasp the concept.


I've dealt with you in the past.Still using your speaker cable.Your reaction is what I expected from you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:05 am
Posts: 828
Location: North Bay, On
... and the sellers that don't leave feedback as soon as they receive the money that use the excuse they want the buyer to leave feedback first so they then have confirmation the buyer is happy.... and then they leave feedback... are so freakin whacked out of it it kills me LOL!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 pm
Posts: 951
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
While I do agree to an extent. Having over 500+ feedback on eBay, I know that a TON of eBayers don't leave feedback for me as a seller. And I used to leave feedback after every payment was received. But, wasn't always getting them back. I'm an honest seller, and have 100% positive. But, a few bad apples left me negative feedback after filing a claim that they didn't get the item, after having told me they wanted a refund, etc and ended up trying to scam PayPal out of money. Luckily for me, they sided in my favor.

But, the point is now I don't leave feedback for Buyers until they receive the item and are satisfied with it. Cam is a little different. I don't sell often on here, and there's usually communication prior to them paying (unlike eBay).

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers on eBay anyway. It's only positive. Which doesn't really make sense as bidders have attempted to try to pay less after bidding when they buy more items etc...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Bradford, ON, CA
You should consider reporting it to the moderators. I feel that the feedback system is integral to this site and shouldn't be dicked around with.

Maybe he has been burned before- we have heard stories of how product was "called" defective after received and then returned to the seller with pieces missing or damage that wasn't there before and the seller being left negative feedback. That may be why he is waiting for you to receive and leave feedback.

either way, I think I would still send the correspondence to the mods.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:56 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Orangeville, ON, CA
therealco wrote:
While I do agree to an extent. Having over 500+ feedback on eBay, I know that a TON of eBayers don't leave feedback for me as a seller. And I used to leave feedback after every payment was received. But, wasn't always getting them back. I'm an honest seller, and have 100% positive. But, a few bad apples left me negative feedback after filing a claim that they didn't get the item, after having told me they wanted a refund, etc and ended up trying to scam PayPal out of money. Luckily for me, they sided in my favor.

But, the point is now I don't leave feedback for Buyers until they receive the item and are satisfied with it. Cam is a little different. I don't sell often on here, and there's usually communication prior to them paying (unlike eBay).

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers on eBay anyway. It's only positive. Which doesn't really make sense as bidders have attempted to try to pay less after bidding when they buy more items etc...



IMHO your point of view makes feedback questionable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:20 am
Posts: 5224
Location: London, ON, CA
So many people (especially new members) won't (or don't know how to) leave feedback ... and plenty of deadbeats have great feedback because the system does not allow feedback when a (so-called) buyer backs out of a deal. I leave feedback as a buyer and as a seller, but I no longer expect it in return. It used to bother me ... now I just don't think it is that important.

_________________
1978 Rickenbacker 4001, 2010 Gibson Thunderbird, and Dean Fretless Basses;
1987 Guild Nightbird, 2000 Taylor 310KCE, and Godin 5th Avenue Guitars.

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:07 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA
I'm not sure forwarding this to the mods has any practical use as there are no specific rules or obligations around leaving feedback. If you are suggesting we implement some rules around feedback, my input would be to leave it alone as most people seem to be pretty good about it. I always leave feedback when buying or selling but I have no expectation that everyone will do the same.

_________________
Audio: VPI Classic 3 w/Lyra Delos -> E.A.R 834p -> ARC Ref2 MkII -> ARC VT100 MkIII -> KEF 104/2. Cables are Siltech 550/770.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:16 am
Posts: 566
Location: Regina, SK, CA
I'm having difficulty understanding the issue here. So a seller won't leave feedback unless he receives feedback first. The only way this can happen is if the buyer is waiting to leave feedback for some reason. So how is that any different than the seller waiting for buyer feedback? Someone has to leave feedback first, unless it's agreed to do it simultaneously...which may be difficult unless they synchronize their watches.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 778
Location: hamilton, ON, CA
i have no problem if a buyer/ seller are neutral and do not leave feedback unless the rules state otherwise


Last edited by rednecknber on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 4230
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Unity Audio wrote:
I agree. As a seller, if a buyer has purchased one of my items, paid for it, and it's left my posession, I leave feedback.
The buyer should reciprocate.
Pretty simple, yet many still can't quite grasp the concept.


Agree, but my 70 is really 90, what are you going to do?

IMO if a person has more than 20 all is well


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Posts: 358
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
As 20 year Ebay veteran with close to 9,000 feedback (of course, many people don't leave feedback so my actual transaction number is significantly higher) I always leave feedback for a buyer but I will not leave it until the transaction is complete, and both sides are content.That means the buyer has to receive his item and be happy with it.In other words, when I see the appropriate feedback, I will also leave feedback. Many buyers never respond after they receive their item which in my opinion, leaves the transaction somewhat incomplete.If a buyer has an issue, then his responsibility is to contact the seller and work out the issue.All the responsibility of a transaction should not fall on the seller.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 am
Posts: 1947
Location: Fairport Beach (in Pickering), ON, CA
Unity Audio wrote:
I agree. As a seller, if a buyer has purchased one of my items, paid for it, and it's left my posession, I leave feedback.
The buyer should reciprocate.
Pretty simple, yet many still can't quite grasp the concept.


+100 Couldn't agree more

-- Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm --

acuratl wrote:
I'm having difficulty understanding the issue here. So a seller won't leave feedback unless he receives feedback first. The only way this can happen is if the buyer is waiting to leave feedback for some reason. So how is that any different than the seller waiting for buyer feedback? Someone has to leave feedback first, unless it's agreed to do it simultaneously...which may be difficult unless they synchronize their watches.


Seller should be leaving feedback as soon as payment is received as the buyers obligation is complete. if there's an issue with an item then the seller will receive appropriate feedback.

It's pretty simple, and anything otherwise is the seller holding the buyer hostage for feedback.

_________________
Tom

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:23 pm
Posts: 1152
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
birdieman wrote:
I have again had a case of a seller refusing feedback before getting theirs from me.Once the buyer has paid, their obligation to the seller is met.This practice got so bad on Ebay they banned negative seller feedback.If this is allowed to continue,seller feedback is worthless.I am looking for thoughts on this from other users and intend to complain to moderators unless my opinion is incorrect.I will identify the seller if it comes to that.


Agreed completely.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group