Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm 

I have again had a case of a seller refusing feedback before getting theirs from me.Once the buyer has paid, their obligation to the seller is met.This practice got so bad on Ebay they banned negative seller feedback.If this is allowed to continue,seller feedback is worthless.I am looking for thoughts on this from other users and intend to complain to moderators unless my opinion is incorrect.I will identify the seller if it comes to that.

Post subject: Re: Feedback blackmail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:19 pm 

I agree. As a seller, if a buyer has purchased one of my items, paid for it, and it's left my posession, I leave feedback.
The buyer should reciprocate.
Pretty simple, yet many still can't quite grasp the concept.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:22 pm 

Unity Audio wrote:
I agree. As a seller, if a buyer has purchased one of my items, paid for it, and it's left my posession, I leave feedback.

I've dealt with you in the past.Still using your speaker cable.Your reaction is what I expected from you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:30 pm 

... and the sellers that don't leave feedback as soon as they receive the money that use the excuse they want the buyer to leave feedback first so they then have confirmation the buyer is happy.... and then they leave feedback... are so freakin whacked out of it it kills me LOL!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 pm 

While I do agree to an extent. Having over 500+ feedback on eBay, I know that a TON of eBayers don't leave feedback for me as a seller. And I used to leave feedback after every payment was received. But, wasn't always getting them back. I'm an honest seller, and have 100% positive. But, a few bad apples left me negative feedback after filing a claim that they didn't get the item, after having told me they wanted a refund, etc and ended up trying to scam PayPal out of money. Luckily for me, they sided in my favor.

But, the point is now I don't leave feedback for Buyers until they receive the item and are satisfied with it. Cam is a little different. I don't sell often on here, and there's usually communication prior to them paying (unlike eBay).

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers on eBay anyway. It's only positive. Which doesn't really make sense as bidders have attempted to try to pay less after bidding when they buy more items etc...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm 

You should consider reporting it to the moderators. I feel that the feedback system is integral to this site and shouldn't be dicked around with.

Maybe he has been burned before- we have heard stories of how product was "called" defective after received and then returned to the seller with pieces missing or damage that wasn't there before and the seller being left negative feedback. That may be why he is waiting for you to receive and leave feedback.

either way, I think I would still send the correspondence to the mods.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm 

therealco wrote:
While I do agree to an extent. Having over 500+ feedback on eBay, I know that a TON of eBayers don't leave feedback for me as a seller. And I used to leave feedback after every payment was received. But, wasn't always getting them back. I'm an honest seller, and have 100% positive. But, a few bad apples left me negative feedback after filing a claim that they didn't get the item, after having told me they wanted a refund, etc and ended up trying to scam PayPal out of money. Luckily for me, they sided in my favor.

But, the point is now I don't leave feedback for Buyers until they receive the item and are satisfied with it. Cam is a little different. I don't sell often on here, and there's usually communication prior to them paying (unlike eBay).

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers on eBay anyway. It's only positive. Which doesn't really make sense as bidders have attempted to try to pay less after bidding when they buy more items etc...

IMHO your point of view makes feedback questionable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 pm 

So many people (especially new members) won't (or don't know how to) leave feedback ... and plenty of deadbeats have great feedback because the system does not allow feedback when a (so-called) buyer backs out of a deal. I leave feedback as a buyer and as a seller, but I no longer expect it in return. It used to bother me ... now I just don't think it is that important.

Sorry, Mister Vice President, 'The Handmaid's Tale' is not a documentary.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm 

I'm not sure forwarding this to the mods has any practical use as there are no specific rules or obligations around leaving feedback. If you are suggesting we implement some rules around feedback, my input would be to leave it alone as most people seem to be pretty good about it. I always leave feedback when buying or selling but I have no expectation that everyone will do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:55 pm 

I'm having difficulty understanding the issue here. So a seller won't leave feedback unless he receives feedback first. The only way this can happen is if the buyer is waiting to leave feedback for some reason. So how is that any different than the seller waiting for buyer feedback? Someone has to leave feedback first, unless it's agreed to do it simultaneously...which may be difficult unless they synchronize their watches.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm 

i have no problem if a buyer/ seller are neutral and do not leave feedback unless the rules state otherwise

Last edited by rednecknber on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm 

Unity Audio wrote:

Agree, but my 70 is really 90, what are you going to do?

IMO if a person has more than 20 all is well

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 pm 

As 20 year Ebay veteran with close to 9,000 feedback (of course, many people don't leave feedback so my actual transaction number is significantly higher) I always leave feedback for a buyer but I will not leave it until the transaction is complete, and both sides are content.That means the buyer has to receive his item and be happy with it.In other words, when I see the appropriate feedback, I will also leave feedback. Many buyers never respond after they receive their item which in my opinion, leaves the transaction somewhat incomplete.If a buyer has an issue, then his responsibility is to contact the seller and work out the issue.All the responsibility of a transaction should not fall on the seller.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 pm 

Unity Audio wrote:

+100 Couldn't agree more

-- Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm --

acuratl wrote:
I'm having difficulty understanding the issue here. So a seller won't leave feedback unless he receives feedback first. The only way this can happen is if the buyer is waiting to leave feedback for some reason. So how is that any different than the seller waiting for buyer feedback? Someone has to leave feedback first, unless it's agreed to do it simultaneously...which may be difficult unless they synchronize their watches.

Seller should be leaving feedback as soon as payment is received as the buyers obligation is complete. if there's an issue with an item then the seller will receive appropriate feedback.

It's pretty simple, and anything otherwise is the seller holding the buyer hostage for feedback.

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 pm 

birdieman wrote:
I have again had a case of a seller refusing feedback before getting theirs from me.Once the buyer has paid, their obligation to the seller is met.This practice got so bad on Ebay they banned negative seller feedback.If this is allowed to continue,seller feedback is worthless.I am looking for thoughts on this from other users and intend to complain to moderators unless my opinion is incorrect.I will identify the seller if it comes to that.

Agreed completely.