Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:41 pm 

Please give your valued opinion. I just bought a Simaudio Supernova CD player and have never heard one before I’m excited to get it up and running. It’s a beast and perhaps I bought this for its looks as much as its performance. Thanks everyone and don’t hold back . I take no offence to constructive criticism.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:03 pm 

Have had the opportunity to hear the Supernova on several occasions. Excellent CD player. Very balanced presentation, a Moon trademark, with above average resolution and dynamics without glare or harshness. Not overly lush or warm. Good pace and rhythm.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 pm 

It's a great sounding CD player and makes a great sounding DAC if you have something that plugs in using a SPDIF connection. I recently traded mine in after owning it for three years. If it's been sitting unpowered for awhile, power it up for a good bit of time before you judge it's SQ. I would have kept it but I wanted a DAC with HDMI inputs so I bought a BDA-3. As a side note you can use it's remote to defend yourself against unwanted intruders. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm 

KJT1 wrote:
As a side note you can use it's remote to defend yourself against unwanted intruders. :D

LOL - Yes - they are somewhat robust. I have a Jolida remote that also doubles as a rodent killer. Just drop it on the poor thing.

Do Sim Audio not cater to SACD at all? I don't think I've seen a 'Moon' sacd player in all my browsings...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm 

PatTanya wrote:
KJT1 wrote:
As a side note you can use it's remote to defend yourself against unwanted intruders. :D

LOL - Yes - they are somewhat robust. I have a Jolida remote that also doubles as a rodent killer. Just drop it on the poor thing.

Do Sim Audio not cater to SACD at all? I don't think I've seen a 'Moon' sacd player in all my browsings...

Nor have I. It's one of the reasons I bought the Bryston BDA-3. I wanted to feed it with my Cambridge Audio CXU universal player through the HDMI for SACD playback.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:30 pm 

Your going to love it soundwise! ! I used to own one. Run it balanced if possible. I also found using Symposium rollerblocks 2 under it made a difference. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm 

Thanks,I plan to use balanced xlr to my Yamaha as2100 I’m a 62 year old kid at Christmas.

-- 14 Jan 2018 02:47 --

Thanks,I plan to use balanced xlr to my Yamaha as2100 I’m a 62 year old kid at Christmas. Can’t wait to play all my Gordon Lightfoot discs . I could listen to him forever.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 pm 

Gerhard Roemer wrote:
Thanks,I plan to use balanced xlr to my Yamaha as2100 I’m a 62 year old kid at Christmas.

-- 14 Jan 2018 02:47 --

Thanks,I plan to use balanced xlr to my Yamaha as2100 I’m a 62 year old kid at Christmas. Can’t wait to play all my Gordon Lightfoot discs . I could listen to him forever.

+1000 for Gordon Lightfoot !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:12 am 

PatTanya wrote:
KJT1 wrote:

Moon did produce the Orbiter, a universal disc player, at one time, that played SACD and DVD-Audio. I think it was based on a Pioneer transport.