Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:46 am 

Chat about this recording first surfaced on Audiogon earlier this year posted by member Nonoise titled
16 bit is good enough ,.......
The CD production “Drums & Bells” was done by Tony Minasian of Tonian Labs , as well as a recording engineer extraordinaire Tony also manufactures a line of high efficiency speakers after hearing what he produced in his studio I need to check out his speakers.
This percussion recording is truly remarkable and goes beyond anything I have ever listened to easily surpassing any percussion recordings on vinyl or digital done by Sheffield Labs, Chesky Records, AIX Records just to name a few top studios ,..
While chatting with Tony Minasian I asked him about his recording chain , he told me it was nothing fancy though he used specific mic that he modified, he went on to tell me he has a collection of mic’s worth over $200,000, I would say the man is seriously committed to his art ,

The Drums & Bell recording is mostly analog except the last portion of the cd which was stored digitally to a flash card , basically a mic connected directly to a preamp mixer mixed live to two channels of a digital recorder .
I can say with absolute confidence Drums & Bells will definitely impress anyone for it’s realistic sound and while first listening to this cd your completely caught off guard when that kettle drum is first struck

, Tony has certainly done something very special here with his recording that you have to hear for yourself,.

Tony is currently working on a Jazz release which I and many others look forward to.

For 20 bucks this recording will definitely be a gigantic upgrade to your listening pleasure,.
Log onto Madisound.com , and treat yourself to this cd ,.

Last edited by Fm-Bunny on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:15 pm 

Thanks very much for the tip on this CD, $20.00 is reasonable for such quality. Initially the shipping charge to Msga was going to be $31.75, but they sent me an email indicating that their product will fit into an envelope so shipping will be less. Generally, most people don't mind mind paying a few bucks for shipping, but when it is over 150% of the item value, then something is out of whack!

Best Regards
Igor

-- 16 Dec 2017 02:18 --

Thanks very much for the tip on this CD, $20.00 is reasonable for such quality. Initially the shipping charge to Msga was going to be $31.75, but they sent me an email indicating that their product will fit into an envelope so shipping will be less. Generally, most people don't mind paying a few bucks for shipping, but when it is over 150% of the item value, then something is out of whack!

Best Regards
Igor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 pm 

ZetagUser wrote:
Thanks very much for the tip on this CD, $20.00 is reasonable for such quality. Initially the shipping charge to Msga was going to be $31.75, but they sent me an email indicating that their product will fit into an envelope so shipping will be less. Generally, most people don't mind mind paying a few bucks for shipping, but when it is over 150% of the item value, then something is out of whack!

Best Regards
Igor

-- 16 Dec 2017 02:18 --

Thanks very much for the tip on this CD, $20.00 is reasonable for such quality. Initially the shipping charge to Msga was going to be $31.75, but they sent me an email indicating that their product will fit into an envelope so shipping will be less. Generally, most people don't mind paying a few bucks for shipping, but when it is over 150% of the item value, then something is out of whack!

Best Regards
Igor

Hi Igor , Their shopping cart cannot show standard USPS mailing for some reason ,..shipping for me was $10.00 so anyone else wanting Drums & Bells Just follow through with the purchase .
Madisound have been in business since 1972 anfpd that’s partly from Not screwing their customers,.

I just got a firmware up date on my PS Audio Direct Stream Dac senior which just made playback even more resolving on well recorded music however listening to Drums & Bells again ,my goodness it’s scary good ,..