Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Forum rules


Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:03 pm
Posts: 1354
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Deadbeat threads are not allowed here and will be deleted on sight.

The Feedback rules clearly state that unless money or items have exchanged hands no feedback can be left. If everyone started posting deadbeat stories we're going to have a lot of problems. Why? Because there are 2 sides to every story, and both sides are going to get all worked up.

If you have a deal gone bad due to a "deadbeat" situation just step away and drop the whole thing. You'll save yourself a lot of stress and us a lot of drama. Because it is impossible to resolve "he said, she said" type scenarios these deadbeat disputes can quickly lose control, and they really do more harm than good to everyone involved.

2018 Update: CAM/USAM now have an Auction system where the bidders of auctions are entering an agreement to make a purchase at the price they offer. In Auctions, if a Winner reneges, they can be held accountable by receiving Negative Feedback.

If you want to run an ad type wherein the buyer must paid an agreed upon price, Auctions might be the listing type you want to try out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:40 pm
Posts: 541
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Thank-you, thank-you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:15 am
Posts: 4737
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
violaguy wrote:
Thank-you, thank-you.

Second that!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:32 pm
Posts: 3290
Location: North GTA, ON, CA
b3733366 wrote:
violaguy wrote:
Thank-you, thank-you.

Second that!


Third that! 8)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:13 pm
Posts: 2496
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
fantastic idea, admin your getting better with age :wink:

any further info on the registration process :?:

_________________
"I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:13 pm
Posts: 2496
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
guess i should have read the other thread right below this one, duuuu :?

_________________
"I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 656
Location: Pickering, ON, CA
I must say I disagree. Why? Worse insults have been hurled on audio related topics and no one is stopping them. Where does the censorship end?

Quote:
Unfortunately I realize this protects the deadbeats more than the legit users, but we've found it impossible to control in the past, and it really does more harm than good.


Also why I disagree.

Quote:
Why? Because there are 2 sides to every story, and both sides are going to get all worked up.


Thus the point of a forum.

I must say, if you get offended by people telling the truth about you then you probably shouldn't have acted that way in first place.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:55 pm
Posts: 1754
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
The next person who leaves a comment after me is a deadbeat!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:45 pm
Posts: 35
Location: Peachland, BC, CA
admin wrote:
Deadbeat threads are not allowed here and will be deleted on sight.

...there are 2 sides to every story...


Then why even bother having fraud alerts? negative feedback?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:13 pm
Posts: 2496
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
neg feedback appears with all ads posted and is your way of posting such,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like ebay we can check feedback before we buy. The audio forums are not for this, the ads and forums are two different bodies within this site.

_________________
"I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:50 am
Posts: 4
Location: Greensboro, NC, US
MKReid wrote:
I must say I disagree. Why? Worse insults have been hurled on audio related topics and no one is stopping them. Where does the censorship end?

Quote:
Unfortunately I realize this protects the deadbeats more than the legit users, but we've found it impossible to control in the past, and it really does more harm than good.


Also why I disagree.

Quote:
Why? Because there are 2 sides to every story, and both sides are going to get all worked up.


Thus the point of a forum.

I must say, if you get offended by people telling the truth about you then you probably shouldn't have acted that way in first place.


-- 24 Apr 2010 16:41 --

Exactly!!! What more can be said!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 15028
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
This is a tough issue, but I have to agree with Admin on this one. A deal is not struck until funds have changed hands. Until then it is all talk and nothing more.

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:56 pm
Posts: 1380
Location: duncan, BC, CA
Ditto ripblade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:17 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Rockaway, NJ, US
I strongly disagree with the admin on this.

It's one thing when a deal does not to come to fruition. There is nothing to be gained by making these things public.

It's entirely different when both parties agree on a price and terms and one reneges. This is exactly why feedback exists. It serves to warn those of good will and make bad actors known to the community.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:30 pm
Posts: 454
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Considering the daily and weekly threads of complaint about money lost, bad dealer, etc, it almost seems current....

_________________
Vintage has a place.....mostly in my basement.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group