Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:42 am 

When a dealer has something to sell - in this instance a McIntosh " trade-in " - Isn't he supposed to publish a dealer ad in the main buy-sell area? CAM is somewhat strict on who is allowed to post where and under what conditions - And I do agree with this, but still...

I think it is fine for a dealer to announce new product lines, gatherings etc. But if we cannot respond to a product offered for sale in the dealer forum (as the rules do not permit this) maybe this means the "ad" should not be there in the first place.

Just nit-picking on the question of priciples.

Last edited by milag on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:07 am 

It's just an opportunity for dealers to make an announcement to the forum dwellers who may not be pouring through the classifieds. In one case recently a dealer announced a free record cleaning opportunity which was nice. Sometimes they announce a new product coming in. I see no harm. It gives them an extra venue to promote outside the classifieds.

It's when some of them utilize other discussion threads as a venue to harvest customers that's a problem...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:15 am 

Che Cavolo wrote:
It's just an opportunity for dealers to make an announcement to the forum dwellers who may not be pouring through the classifieds. In one case recently a dealer announced a free record cleaning opportunity which was nice. Sometimes they announce a new product coming in. I see no harm. It gives them an extra venue to promote outside the classifieds.

It's when some of them utilize other discussion threads as a venue to harvest customers that's a problem...

Agree in full. I see no harm unless it becomes hundreds of posts; to date that is not the case.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm 

brownslane wrote:
Che Cavolo wrote:

Agree in full. I see no harm unless it becomes hundreds of posts; to date that is not the case.

I also see no harm, but was curious, since an item is obviously put on sale - yet it is very clearly stated that we cannot post on dealers forum....no big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:53 am 

Dealers should use the Classifieds when they have an item for sale. They should not use the Dealer News and Announcements forum to tell people they have just posted an item in the classifieds or that people should contact them for further pricing and details. There are not Classifieds allowed in the forums.