Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 pm 

Hi guys!
I have a pair of Jungson JA-100 Monoblocks. On each amp, there are 4 pins where you can connect the speakers. I'm not familiar with this situation. I know you need a jumper on your speakers if you connect them with only one cable ( 1 positive, 1 negative) if there are made to be connected with bi-wiring. Is it the samething with an amp? Should I use a jumper to link the 2 positive connectors and the 2 negative connector? I attached a picture of one monoblock so you can understand the situation better.
Thanks a lot! :D

Attachments:
20170209_130522.jpg
20170209_130522.jpg [ 260.89 KiB | Viewed 458 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:35 pm 

Couts wrote:
Hi guys!
I have a pair of Jungson JA-100 Monoblocks. On each amp, there are 4 pins where you can connect the speakers. I'm not familiar with this situation. I know you need a jumper on your speakers if you connect them with only one cable ( 1 positive, 1 negative) if there are made to be connected with bi-wiring. Is it the samething with an amp? Should I use a jumper to link the 2 positive connectors and the 2 negative connector? I attached a picture of one monoblock so you can understand the situation better.

No. The 2 positive posts are jumpered internally and the 2 negative posts are jumpered internally. You cannot remove the internal "jumpers" without disconnecting one pair or the other from the single power amp.

Think of a duplex electrical wall socket; both sockets are internally jumpered to act as 1. Both sockets are rated together at 15A (total available current from the source) but if you were to run 2 separate circuits and you were to split the duplex socket into 2 parts (by removing the internal jumper), then each socket can handle 15A as long as the fuse box can supply 15A on EACH circuit.

-- 10 Feb 2017 15:35 --

Couts wrote:
Hi guys!

No. The 2 positive posts are jumpered internally and the 2 negative posts are jumpered internally. You cannot remove the internal "jumpers" without disconnecting one pair or the other from the single power amp.

Think of a duplex electrical wall socket; both sockets are internally jumpered to act as 1. Both sockets are rated together at 15A (total available current from the source) but if you were to run 2 separate circuits and you were to split the duplex socket into 2 parts (by removing the internal jumper), then each socket can handle 15A as long as the fuse box can supply 15A on EACH circuit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:53 pm 

Each mono bloc has two pairs of binding posts to make biwiring easy: you run separate pairs of speaker cables from each pair, one to the LF binding posts on your speakers, one to the HF binding posts (if your speakers are so equipped).

If you are not using separate cables for LF and HF you will only use one pair of the binding posts on each mono bloc. Make sure you use the Neg. and Pos., not two Neg. or two Pos.

Do NOT attempt to "jumper" the binding posts on the amps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:06 pm 

Thanks for the replies! So I guess that connecting the speaker cables to the upper or the lower binding post will not affect the sound in any cases. It should be exactly the same right?