Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:08 pm 

CornerCutter wrote:
Most of the advice (including the input found on the Ontario Cannabis Stores own website) suggests starting off with a strain that is as THC/CBD balanced as possible....
(Quoted directly from OCS blurb regarding "Choosing Products Based on THC Potency"... "Consider products with low THC potency and/or at least a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD (cannabidiol) to help reduce the likelihood of unintended effects. Remember to consume it slowly and in small amounts."

And yet, of the many varieties on offer on the official site, VERY few (2 or 3) match that description. Most of the stuff available is of the high to extremely-high horsepower variety.

While I don't want to be overly critical of the system (the fact that as a country we have legalized it is in my opinion a good thing) but this does seem a bit irresponsible. Perhaps more "balanced" strains are in the works but for now the selection does appear to be very limited, with far too much focus on the real heavy-hitters.

Just my 2 cents...
2 or 3 strains is more choice than most of us would've had just a short while ago. Going back decades it would've been utter fantasy. One of the nicer things about limited choices is it makes life simpler. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 pm 

Why I'm just enjoying some cannibus sativa while my ears are tucked into a pair of headphones playing Zappa. Not to shabby. We just need a red eyed smiley with j to further legitimize things.

Theres some excellent music to indulge in after smoking. It puts you right in the grooves where you want to be. Sublime sounds like it was recorded and meant to be heard strictly on weed. In fact its so fitting that your practically a loser with a large L smacked right on your forehead if you don't listen to Sublime on mj :wink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSte_c82p6U

-- 06 Nov 2018 21:42 --

Lights came a long way too. A 250 LED works pretty sweet and without the heat. Whats the max. number of plants a guy can grow without the law beating down the door? One is enough for a fun experiment for a first timer. Thats til you lock on to a batch and decide to keep one for a mother. I think I heard 4 somewhere, two is more than enough for a perpetual personal harvest.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:19 pm 

Heres a nice old standby. Music is really nice during a buzz. Music is always nice. THC level has risen. It was about 23 back in the day.

Like most other things, there are lots of reviews on popular MJ strains https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/ak-47

I grew this one in the yard a time or two. Its an easier one to grow and has a shorter than average flowering time. still to this day. It feels uppy more like a pure sativa. Give it a try :)

While listening to music, it enhances a real sense of immersion right into the music, and a higher focus on the music down to every little nuance. Funny because there were times I picked something out, such a subtle detail in a song I've heard a thousand times, yet somehow something about it slipped past. It has a way of allowing you to listen from different angles and perspectives. I have had those moments, and thought wow never caught that before. Forgetting the fact that I'm enjoying a buzz, just the music. You can forget the day and sail away. This strain has been a popular favorite to many. Just the fact that a dispensary has this, and strains like durbans say a bunch when theres about a million new strains out there, about a thousand kush's. Some of the younger gen claims anything good to be a "kush" of some sort :roll:. Not to knock them, just get your facts right.

Attachments:
20181112_170022.jpg
20181112_170022.jpg [ 195.01 KiB | Viewed 314 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 pm 

yrogins wrote:
Is there a preferred strain that can maximize one’s music enjoyment without any unpleasant side effects like paranoia and anxiety?

Maybe Blue dream.

Also spike it with a drink or two if that floats your boat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm 

my son started purchasing at Tweed as soon as it became legal. The scent in the garage is much sweeter and natural, reminiscent of my days with it in my youth. There has also been a positive change in him over these past several weeks. Taking better care of himself and less moody. I'm convinced the regulated growing is responsible as opposed to the home made cultivators of the black market.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 am 

Purple voodoo: Nice! I immediately feel its initial effects go right to my head. When I say immediately I mean it, upon exhaling. Its relaxing, chill. I try to avoid strains that make me afraid of my phone, sometimes to the point I won't even want to answer it :lol: Not trace of anxiety after smoking.

Purple Voodoo is one of those true hybrids that is a nearly 50/50 mix of sativa and indica from its Double Purple Doja, Purple Urkle, and Purple Diesel heritage. These plants will flower in 8-10 weeks and will produce dark flowers with traces of purple and red. Its purpleness is evident in its pungent taste and smell, which has a musky quality tinged with grapey sweetness. Since it was bred in California, warm climates or indoors are best for growing (just be aware of the strong smell). As a good mix, this strain boasts both high THC and especially high CBD levels, making it a popular medicinal strain. The high also has a balanced feeling that is both clear and relaxing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 am 

ripblade wrote:
Just my 2 cents...
2 or 3 strains is more choice than most of us would've had just a short while ago. Going back decades it would've been utter fantasy. One of the nicer things about limited choices is it makes life simpler. :)[/quote]

Sometimes I'll buy a bunch of samples to keep on hand to enjoy more fruits. Its also fun to explore new experiences different strains bring.

I guess its like any review results can and do vary. I find that to be true sometimes. Sometimes its a can just be a matter of careful selection when it comes to the source. Growing technic, harvesting, it should be at peak ripeness, drying curing storage and so on can all influence its characteristics. Or simply mixing some up with another. Finding a good dispensary you can trust is a good idea. There are some real shady fly by shops out there. And the odd good one that seems to know what their doing.

Ford ordered raids on shops a few weeks ago. The one near by was included in the raids, it was back up and running in a few short hours. I'm not sure how they are supposed control these guys but good luck at stopping the criminal element from profiting. And once legit stores are up and running mj will be no different than cigarettes when it comes to sales and costs. The little guys will simply offer it a lower cost, cheaper and tax free.

I bet lots of people are thinking "I'm in the wrong business" when they drop in a pot store. There seems to be a constant line up of customers at one I go to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:24 pm 

Genetics + grower determines the quality. I take the strain names with a grain of salt regards to quality..

Having done research, the finest quality flower is grown by the craft community, primarily in BC. Some but not all of them are now growing legally. The strains they grow often are the hottest in Colorado and/or very exclusive names currently synonymous with the expensive stuff. The "forum cuts" that have been exchanged through internet discussion groups.

I agree that the plus with legalization is it should put some accountability for growers if they use illegal/banned/excess insecticides or fail to properly flush nutrients from the plants prior to harvest. This is in the best interest of the population at large. It appears in Ontario that they're wasting tons of plastic selling single grams in sealed pill bottles, though.

The OCS does not make very potent cannabis easily available- that, as compared to having a choice of craft grown strains from a highly trusted collective and seeing/smelling the jar before buying. As a result the collective has gained loyalty like crazy from their participants. The OCS store is a lot less clandestine though and better for the masses for sure.

I can name a few (potentially) exceptional strains that have definitely not made it to the legal growing industry as of yet. When grown by one of several highly regarded growers these strains have reached their full potential. The average THC content of these 4 is probably 28%, and they are all Indica dominant except one.
Meatbreath #19, #29, #41 (3 different phenotypes)
Forum Cut Girl Scout Cookies
Slurricane
Mothers Milk

These strains and quite a few other exceptional ones are in the black market and I wonder if at $10/g the legal market (in Ontario at least) will ever be able to compete. These are strains that were entered (by the collective, on behalf of the growers) in the Toronto Karma Cup a few months ago and they are highly coveted. As long as they have their cuttings they will always have the best product in the market. I guess I like cannabis the way I like music- best possible quality otherwise meh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 pm 

I've been on anti depress..... for many years and have recently weened off them by my Dr. So far I am doing pretty good but things are not going to be perfect. This is a choice I made because I was fed up with constantly having to take my meds and I have quit cold turkey a couple of times in years past only to crash and burn. So far so good but I still deal with a racing brain and my brother told about cpd which I can acquire from my local cannabis shop. I was told that it settles your brain down without the effects getting high. My brother's neighbors wife uses it for other conditions and was told it works. I'm going to wait for a bit and see how I hold up in the future. I see my doc in the new year and will tell him that I've wound down with taking pills and that would be it. No more doctors. I'm fully cognizant of what I'm doing and I know where to go if I smell trouble. I'll just leave it at that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 am 

After a while I dealt with peakseedbc exclusively. Grew those genetics a bunch of times and always had high seed success rates, often perfect. That went on to turn into big healthy robust plant life within given time frame. The breeders are top notch as are strain lineages. Prices too for that matter. You get premium seeds for a fraction the cost of whats out there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 pm 

As much as Id like to grow 4 plants at home in a little tent under the basement stairs, my wife says no. My 11 yr old son isnt the type to dig around but its probably better I stick with what I get just for the quality. I like science experiments- in fact I have harvested a bunch of home-cultivated mushrooms in the past 24 hours.

Mushrooms for audiophiles?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:50 pm 

:shock: ...oh...the stories I couldn't tell... :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:21 pm 

Stone wrote:
:shock: ...oh...the stories I couldn't tell... :D

if I could remember half of them

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:37 pm 

yikes. you can't grow weed, but you can grow hallucinogens? :lol:

Regarding the (marijuana) seeds, you just order them on-line?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 pm 

I’m on shrooms right now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next