Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 6:35 am
Posts: 814
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Maine Coon at the back door today...I mean a fully grown Maine Coon...

I had (well, she tolerated me...) one for many many years....

Awesome! Finally I might be part of the neighbourhood!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:52 pm
Posts: 636
Location: Oshawa, ON, CA
fifthbusiness wrote:
Maine Coon at the back door today...I mean a fully grown Maine Coon...

I had (well, she tolerated me...) one for many many years....

Awesome! Finally I might be part of the neighbourhood!


Get picture, Post picture,...................please :)

Mac.

_________________
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 6529
Location: Dodge City, NB, CA
:D


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 42.79 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]

_________________
Show respect, even to those who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of you.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 3254
Location: Rio Rancho, NM, US
Attachment:
thumbnail_pastedImage.png
thumbnail_pastedImage.png [ 158.84 KiB | Viewed 434 times ]

_________________
I think, therefore I am not sure.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:44 am
Posts: 60
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 15028
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Regretfully, I had to put Zooks down a couple of days ago. He was suffering from a worsening case of acute anemia, which the vet was unable to reverse. He was 17, but looked more like 10 just a couple of weeks ago. I'm still numb. :cry:

I get by watching videos like this one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y46abWrRqok

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:26 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Airdrie, AB, CA
ripblade wrote:
Regretfully, I had to put Zooks down a couple of days ago. He was suffering from a worsening case of acute anemia, which the vet was unable to reverse. He was 17, but looked more like 10 just a couple of weeks ago. I'm still numb. :cry:

I get by watching videos like this one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y46abWrRqok

Sorry to hear that ripblade. I had to put our Yuki down when she was 17. Numb is a good description.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 15028
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
airdronian wrote:
ripblade wrote:
Regretfully, I had to put Zooks down a couple of days ago. He was suffering from a worsening case of acute anemia, which the vet was unable to reverse. He was 17, but looked more like 10 just a couple of weeks ago. I'm still numb. :cry:

I get by watching videos like this one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y46abWrRqok

Sorry to hear that ripblade. I had to put our Yuki down when she was 17. Numb is a good description.

Thanks, Mark. Empty and lonely fits too... :(

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 6529
Location: Dodge City, NB, CA
ripblade wrote:
airdronian wrote:
ripblade wrote:
Regretfully, I had to put Zooks down a couple of days ago. He was suffering from a worsening case of acute anemia, which the vet was unable to reverse. He was 17, but looked more like 10 just a couple of weeks ago. I'm still numb. :cry:

I get by watching videos like this one...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y46abWrRqok

Sorry to hear that ripblade. I had to put our Yuki down when she was 17. Numb is a good description.

Thanks, Mark. Empty and lonely fits too... :(

Sorry for your loss Rip, I know the feeling all too well and it sucks!.

_________________
Show respect, even to those who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 3254
Location: Rio Rancho, NM, US
Ditto Glenn. Losing a beloved pet is never easy. But in time your grieving will subside and hopefully you'll find room in your heart and abode to adopt a shelter cat that needs a good home. Or a stray like Albert did so many times.

In the meantime I hope this feline Trump voter lifts your spirits.
Attachment:
thumbnail_41673946_10217421894767644_2528305259831361536_n.jpg
thumbnail_41673946_10217421894767644_2528305259831361536_n.jpg [ 74.94 KiB | Viewed 333 times ]

_________________
I think, therefore I am not sure.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:52 pm
Posts: 636
Location: Oshawa, ON, CA
Iv'e been owned by cats almost continuously since I was a kid in the 50's, and it is never easy when they depart. :( I guess that is the cost of being allowed to care for them.

Sorry for your loss, Rip.

Mac.

_________________
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 822
Location: Parkhill, ON, CA
Sorry to hear the news of your loss Glenn.

My old girl turned 17 this past May. She's still in great shape, training for the Kentucky Derby and all. A little whiter around the muzzle, but we don't talk about that.
I lost her about 10 years ago for a week and still remember the emptiness I felt. You get so used to them always being there for you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 15028
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Thanks for the condolences guys, it's much appreciated. It's still too quiet around here, but the mice have brazenly moved in already....I saw one scrounging around in behind the Oracle TT a few days ago...they wouldn't have dared when Zooks was still around... :x

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:26 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Airdrie, AB, CA
ripblade wrote:
Thanks for the condolences guys, it's much appreciated. It's still too quiet around here, but the mice have brazenly moved in already....I saw one scrounging around in behind the Oracle TT a few days ago...they wouldn't have dared when Zooks was still around... :x


Glenn - somewhere back in this thread I think I had a pic of Smudge on her window shelf. You made mention of the suction cups letting go... well it finally happened ! She tumbled on to the dresser below the window, no injuries except perhaps to her dignity. :) All is well now though and she still uses it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Saved Kitten
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 6:35 am
Posts: 814
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
So...just over three weeks ago I pretty much had to beat a 'coon off with my damn Birk - it was attacking the neighbours cat...5:00am...Cat is finally outside and out of the "cone of silence"...

phew...Close call...

Attachment:
File comment: cat
IMG_20180916_162510.jpg
IMG_20180916_162510.jpg [ 851.01 KiB | Viewed 251 times ]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group