Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 89  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 pm 

Hepcat

The costs attributed to outlawing a firearm are 100% yours to explain. You are the one making the claim about government costs. I don’t have to research or provide evidence for anything. This is obvious since it is ME asking YOU what they are.

YOU can’t answer MY question. What is the cost to outlaw UZIs? YOU do not know the answer to YOUR claim.

YOUR claim: firearm laws come at a high cost to government.

YOU don’t know the answer, so therefore, YOU can’t make government costs an effective argument against outlawing firearms. Since you don’t know.

Ok good. What’s your next point or reason why firearms can’t be banned?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm 

Hepcat, hope you have broad shoulders to take-on the establishment in here. Oh, don't take the insults leveled at you personally.

In other news. Did you know:

Today a school shooting was stopped by an armed guard in Illinois? The media won’t tell you this but ..... guns save lives.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 pm 

Pneumonic wrote:
Hepcat, hope you have broad shoulders to take-on the establishment in here. Oh, don't take the insults leveled at you personally.

Today a school shooting was stopped by an armed guard in Illinois? The media won’t tell you this but ..... guns save lives.

Unless you're a Palestinian protesting and unarmed....

Attachments:
5048.jpg
5048.jpg [ 177.32 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:48 pm 

...Hepcat...you don't have an opinion...you have a hodgepodge of thoughts...get a fekin grip... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 pm 

Pneumonic wrote:
Hepcat, hope you have broad shoulders to take-on the establishment in here.

I almost forgot:

Hepcat. Pneumonic. Pneumonic. Hepcat.

Attachments:
lettermanoscars.jpg
lettermanoscars.jpg [ 25.24 KiB | Viewed 191 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:51 pm 

Pneumonic wrote:

Missing a few facts there. The officer, who is an actual police officer assigned as school resource officer, was not present when the shooting started. Not sure of the intent of the perpetrator for no body was harmed during his spree. The officer confronted the perp, the perp ran and opened fire at the officer. That is when the officer returned fire injuring the suspect.

Guns did not save the 162 other students who have died from school shootings since 2010

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm 

Pneumonic wrote:

Just looking at a study of 23 high income country's for gun deaths per 100000 people.
22 of those country's averaged under 2 deaths per 100k while the US averaged over 10 per 100k. The difference : sensible gun laws. Yup, guns save lives.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:12 pm 

Stone wrote:
sthomas1049 wrote:
Pneumonic wrote:

Missing a few facts there. The officer, who is an actual police officer assigned as school resource officer, was not present when the shooting started. Not sure of the intent of the perpetrator for no body was harmed during his spree. The officer confronted the perp, the perp ran and opened fire at the officer. That is when the officer returned fire injuring the suspect.

Guns did not save the 162 other students who have died from school shootings since 2010

...these guys (hepcat; pneumonic; marc mc) are a confederacy of dunces...zero facts...zero historical context...zero desire...outside self-stimulation...

I have never heard a rational argument from a gun advocate when they take the ‘do-nothing’ postion with firearms and massmurder deaths. Not one argument is rational. The arguments use fear to promote their views.

You can also tell by their method in delivering the messages to their supporters. The NRA uses big auditoriums in campaign style, to deliver gun logic. They stand on podiums and offer their sermon with grandiose pomp... why guns save lives. It’s so blantant and obvious there is zero rational reasons or else they wouldn’t use big audiotorium trickery to brainwash people.

The NRA members and gun advocates are truly dense. Their average IQ must be around 80. I am not kidding either. Or else the NRA ruse would be easily revealed to them. Dimwits
really.

All over a gun. Get a better hobby. Fecken idiots.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:22 pm 

audiocat wrote:

You know it would be nice if you wouldn't group everybody under the same umbrella. Those of us that play by the rules don't fit into your neat little package and take umbrage with such comments.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:24 pm 

KJT1 wrote:
audiocat wrote:

You know it would be nice if you wouldn't group everybody under the same umbrella. Those of us that play by the rules don't fit into your neat little package and take umbrage with such comments.

I wasn’t. I am referring to those that are argue “do-nothing”.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 pm 

audiocat wrote:
KJT1 wrote:
audiocat wrote:

I wasn’t. I am referring to those that are argue “do-nothing”.

Does make you wonder about the paranoia of such folks though. I've been an avid target shooter for over 40 years ( as a matter of fact, I spent this morning at the range ) and I've somehow managed to do that under these draconian gun laws all these people fear with no ill effects. Things that make you go hmmmmm. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm 

ripblade wrote:
Stone wrote:
ripblade wrote:
And just like that, the gun nuts use an isolated incident to declare gun laws don't work....in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. :roll:

...I wish I could use the "A" word...but he'd mistake that for a victory... :lol:
You mean 'American'? He's proud of it, for sure, but not enough to actually live there.... :roll:

Hopefully you're not one of these so-called Canadians who are ardent fans of the NFL and pay no attention to the CFL. If so I'll be the first to cheer your departure.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:34 pm 

What the hell does the CFL have to do with shooting yourself in the foot? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:39 pm 

Chicago, Detroit, St Louis, New Orleans and Washington have been the subject of a focus group study on strict gun control measures including designations as gun free zones in the US.

The results of this study have revealed that Chicago, Detroit, St Louis, New Orleans and Washington led the nation in gun homicides. In fact, they have the world’s 3 highest gun murder rates.

Tell me again .... how effective are gun control measures in the US?

Attachment:
Armed or unarmed.jpg
Armed or unarmed.jpg [ 69.25 KiB | Viewed 222 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:45 pm 

Hepcat wrote:
If guns were outlawed, than only the government would have guns.

:shock:

Interesting how you've all studiously ignored my point. Know of any totalitarian states that allow individual ownership of firearms? Of course you don't. That's because the very first step toward totalitarianism is the confiscation of the citizenry's guns.

And that of course is why the Second Amendment to the Constitution in the States enshrines "the right the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

-- 16 May 2018 22:54 --

Pneumonic wrote:
Oh, don't take the insults leveled at you personally.

Why not? I take remarks as they're intended and reserve the right to respond in kind. And respond I will.

Pneumonic wrote:
Hepcat, hope you have broad shoulders to take-on the establishment in here.

Let's just say that I've never put anybody on ignore on any board. Many though have waived the white flag and put me on ignore.

Last edited by Hepcat on Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 89  Next