Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: relisting sold items
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:21 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Apologies of this has been asked before, I did a minimal search for it.

I've sold an item.

I want to sell the same item again.

There is no function to relist adverts.

One has to start from scratch.

I can see the function would probably be abused by spammers, who have a vestigial membership.

So I'm guessing that is why I'm not seeing a re-list function for sold items.

If this is compatible with the forum moderation and ownership, there should be the possibility to re-run an old advert, where the item has been sold. As this is what I'd like to do.

20x times over. And more.

right now, I have to start from scratch, each time an item sells. It's very limited, and laborious. I feel it is like some sort of nasty hobbling. Each sale brings money to the forum, so....

but I can understand if the function has been purposely crippled as running the adverts is free, which can lead to asshats spamming the sales section. Especially fraudsters who always try to find ways to scam.

Perhaps enable it for commercial paying members? After all, you have their personal info...

Post subject: Re: relisting sold items
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 am 

One work around would be to not enable the “Buy it now” feature. Your ad would stay up for the max duration you select (180 days) or until you close it by manualy selecting Sold.

All it means is that buyers would have to contact you by PM for a purchase instead of using the Buy it Now button.

Once you have selected Sold you can go back in your sold list and relist the item.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 am 

If the item you are selling is sold how can you resell it? It is no longer yours.
If you have multiple items why are you closing the ad? The ad could be listed as a multiple item sale.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 am 

Please no offense BUT looking at your volume of sales so far,,what's the issue??

Copy and pasting is pretty quick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:32 am 

It could be very simple for the Cam's DEV to make a script function which would add
automatically a "relist" button for the "Dealers/Sponsors" with very good feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:34 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Mr.Hi-Fi wrote:
Please no offense BUT looking at your volume of sales so far,,what's the issue??

Copy and pasting is pretty quick.

I don't worry about sales records. About xx-xx, for canada alone, are not there, in feedback and so on. Repeat buyers going direct, etc. New buyers going direct, via product inquiries off the website, etc.

Plus the people who have not given any feedback, and they love their cables. That is a bit of a problem, if people judge a product by the feedback score.

I'd have to try and run down all those buyers and ask them to provide feedback....

same for audiogon.

Our real score is a good xxx-xxx at audiogon. Not the approx 60 or so it sits at. (maybe 72 as of now?) I don't know the exact numbers right now, I rarely look.

I can't be bothered to hassle all those buyers.

In this modern on line world where 'judgement' can come out of such things (inappropriately or otherwise), perhaps I should be bothering people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am 

Perhaps this should be a function for Dealers only as they typically sell multiples of a single (new) item.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:00 pm 

I have to agree on the listed feedback #'s v.s. actual transactions. I personally have no use for the feedback system and never ask anyone to leave feedback. I also never leave feedback unless the other person specifically requests it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

GWN wrote:
One work around would be to not enable the “Buy it now” feature. Your ad would stay up for the max duration you select (180 days) or until you close it by manually selecting Sold.

All it means is that buyers would have to contact you by PM for a purchase instead of using the Buy it Now button.

Once you have selected Sold you can go back in your sold list and relist the item.

It's a nice idea, but it almost defeats the purpose of the whole exercise, re the forum ownership and forum viability. I'm not looking to do anything like that.

Someone buys, and I relist. (forum gets paid each time) (that's the way it's supposed to be. We've paid quite a tidy sum of money to audiogon and well, being used to doing so... means we've no problem paying canuck audio)

there is apparently a mechanism for this via multiple items, so I'll probably go that way. And try to remember to change the text each time, due to availability and build time issues.

Just have to adjust my wiring, for the time being or whatever. I thought I would ask about the relisting and it is as I thought it would be. It's good for spam attack control.

But the scripting may be difficult to enable for commercial dealers etc. And they can be asshats just as well as a casual spammer. Can, not will, but can be...

Audiogon fixed spamming via charging for each advert, up front. I don't like that at all. I prefer this arrangement at Canuck....and can see the possible problems that can emerge if a relist button is there in the canuck system. but it had to be asked..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

You can do this. On your list of sold ads, if you click on Edit Ad the ad comes up with a button to re-list ad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

There's an unofficial way to relist a sold ad: Sold Ads that then Expire can be relisted, it's what robertn is describing. There are some ads that have sold more than 20 times each and have that many feedback or more.

I'll try to get a relist feature going for trusted members who mark an item as sold, we'll probably aim to do this sometime after June/Jul.

In the meantime, if you have multiple of a single item there are a few options:

• Enable Buy It Now and indicate the Qty of items you have for sale. This allows an ad to have multiple Buy It Now events occur before it is marked as SOLD. Unfortunately at this time, the Mark as SOLD button will still mark the ad as sold instead of just adjusting Qty, so that's something we have to fix.
  • Set an ad with multiple Qty to a low Expiration date. Once SOLD and Expired the ad can be relisted. This is not super ideal, but "works".

We'll probably have more features to address this problem as we continue to improve the system.