Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 143  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:45 pm 
Premium User

Double Impact

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 pm 

ckennedy wrote:
Decided to "redecorate"

Wow, just the perfect room that I would think that 75% of the C.A.M. members would be satisfied with and truly love.....just a great space to listen to tunes.!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:15 pm 

KEF LS50 speakers
Wyred4Sound STP-SE Preamp
Anthem MRX-300 receiver w/Anthem Room Correction
Blue Circle BC-24 Hybrid Tube Amp
Oppo BDP-83 Universal Player
Cambridge DACmagic + DAC
GIK Acoustics 242 Panels (x4) Tri Traps (x2) Monster Bass Trap (x1) Art Panels (x2)
Sound Application CF-X Power Conditioner w/ Bybee AC filters
Mirage BPS 400 Subwoofer

I can run straight 2 channel (no sub) direct to the W4S STP-SE preamp, or I can run with the LS50's crossed over to the subwoofer with Anthem Room Correction using the HT Bypass input on the preamp. Works well for bass heavy music and movies/tv as this is a dual purpose system.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:35 pm 

Vintageman wrote:
ckennedy wrote:
Decided to "redecorate"

Wow, just the perfect room that I would think that 75% of the C.A.M. members would be satisfied with and truly love.....just a great space to listen to tunes.!!

L
Thanks! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:30 pm 

busy few months of still more changes. New are the Mahi mono blocks, PS Audio NuWave phono pre and Oppo Sonica dac. Put the table back on the wall and modified the stand to accommodate the changes.
Attachment:
IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG [ 507.03 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG [ 221.67 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:42 am 

Those Mahi amps are gorgeous and that stand is spectacular. What a beautiful setup you have, I bet it sounds amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:04 am 

Those Mahi amps do look great! I like the lower profile stand with them too as it lets you see the amps better. I don't imagine the headphones are getting much use

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:07 pm 

thanks guys, the Mahi's sound as good as they look. with the lights off they are quite special.
and yes David the cans don't get much use now, but do look good on that stand.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:44 pm 

Is your stand custom? It is wonderfully thick and massive and I love the edge. And what type of wood is it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:33 pm 

nice set up...just.. how do you operate the turntable?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:57 pm 

the stand is custom. bought a 10' piece of live edge red oak and had the store cut the lengths. I removed the bark as it had fallen off in some parts so looked like missing teeth. little stain from there. the vertical rise is gas conduit and wall fittings. left them as purchased but filled the sand. one local Home Depot will cut and thread custom lengths of the conduit so any size is available. This also allowed for some adjustments I made to the original after I introduced the Mahi's. The components used to sit on the wings with the old amp on the bottom. the top shelf was higher and held the table. picture of it a few pages back. changed to a 6" conduit to bring it down for the pre and put the table back on the wall. all in for under $500 and the casters were a large chuck of that.
very simple for a guy with limited skill for such as I am.

the preamp is only 6" forward of the turntable shelf so no issue operating it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:31 pm 

mpublicover wrote:
busy few months of still more changes. New are the Mahi mono blocks, PS Audio NuWave phono pre and Oppo Sonica dac. Put the table back on the wall and modified the stand to accommodate the changes.
Attachment:
IMG_0840.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_0839.JPG

Very nice indeed. I look at the system and think someone has been to Bill's shop.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 pm 

Canadiansnowland wrote:
mpublicover wrote:
Attachment:
IMG_0840.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_0839.JPG

Very nice indeed. I look at the system and think someone has been to Bill's shop.

he calls me; I refer to him now as my crack dealer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:04 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

A recent change to my system is the addition of the T+A PA 2500 R integrated amp. I'm still breaking it in, but am loving it so far. The front end is a Melco N1A/2 feeding USB to a T+A DAC 8 DSD. Furutech for outlet and everything power related and GutWire for interconnects and speaker cable. Speakers are ATC SCM40 and sub is ATC C1.
Attachment:
System1-4-sm.jpg
System1-4-sm.jpg [ 411.96 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:18 am 

So I became tired of all the stuff in the room to run a full 5.1 surround system along with my two channel. The room just isn't that big and I had way too many amps and speakers in here. The empty spots on the bottom of the rack held a Bryston 4bsst2 and a big 5 channel Rotel and there was an Anthem HT RX being used as a pre sitting where the Icon is now. All that stuff plus two pairs of speakers are now boxed up and out of the way. I still wanted some versatility and better sound quality in my tv watching so went with the ModWrght KWI 200 for TV / Movie / Concert disc sound.
The CXU handles switching the audio in from Blue rays/cable box/SONO's and fronts the ModWright which drives the Middle T's and HSU sub.
The Icon handles input from the Supernova/Bryston BDP-player combo and of course the RP-6 and controls the Gryphon which drives the ATC SCM 40's.
Cool thing though is if I want to play anything from the Icon/Gryphon system with the ModWright I just put the ModWright in HT bypass and let'er rip. As much as I love the ATC's the Middle T's make me giggle when I play rock stupid loud and they do make more boom when Arnie throws a hand grenade.

I know it unnessasary to have what are two complete two channel systems in the same room but it's fun and I really enjoy the different ways they do their jobs. :D

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 244.3 KiB | Viewed 1146 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 260.86 KiB | Viewed 1146 times ]

Last edited by KJT1 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 143  Next