Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/

Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=48611
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ae86 [ Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

Just signed up to Spotify Premium for 0.99$ for 3 months.

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/intro/

Plan to use Spotify in the car since I just signed up to a 10 gig a month cell data plan. Trying it out on my Cambridge CXN. Sound quality isn't as nice as Tidal but listenable. With Tidal I could do without the flac files, or cd. Spotify will make me seek out the flac's or cd's for the main rig. Will do for the car for sure.

Hope Spotify goes flac eventually given Tidal isn't doing so well.

Author:  JGP [ Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

Thanks for the heads up! May as well try it.

Author:  ae86 [ Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

20$ for Tidal sucks.

Author:  Forbes_2 [ Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

ae86 wrote:
20$ for Tidal sucks.
Are you kidding?????

I used to spend $200+ a month, easy, on CD's

And now $20 a month for unlimited 16/44 albums???

Dirt cheap. I feel guilty it's only that much.

It's the golden age of music consumption.

Get on the train.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Author:  ScanSpeak [ Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

ae86 wrote:
Just signed up to Spotify Premium for 0.99$ for 3 months.

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/intro/

Plan to use Spotify in the car since I just signed up to a 10 gig a month cell data plan.


I’ve downloaded my favourite albums and playlists from Tidal onto my smartphone and stream BT into my car using no cellular data.

I’m sure you can do the same with Spotify.

Author:  milesian [ Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

ae86 wrote:
20$ for Tidal sucks.


You are obviously joking. $20 for millions of Flac quality music tracks, is a steal. That wouldn’t even get get you Bell’s most abysmal basic satellite tv package. I have both Tidal and Spotify, plus I’m auditioning Deezer’s Flac service.

Author:  natedog [ Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

Quote:
Are you kidding?????

I used to spend $200+ a month, easy, on CD's

And now $20 a month for unlimited 16/44 albums???

Dirt cheap. I feel guilty it's only that much.

It's the golden age of music consumption.

Get on the train.


+1
I just hope Tidal survives, that Spotify 'quality' is not the only thing available in the future.

Author:  milesian [ Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

I have to say that since Spotify reduced their LUFS to match the other streaming services, their playback quality has improved. Plus their VORBIS streaming format is noticeably better than MP3. Still not on the same level as Tidal, but good enough not to totally ignore. Plus Deezer is streaming FLAC now, so they are a viable backup, should Tidal sink.

Author:  bbsupersport [ Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

ScanSpeak wrote:
I’ve downloaded my favourite albums and playlists from Tidal onto my smartphone and stream BT into my car using no cellular data.

I’m sure you can do the same with Spotify.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that! :?
Thanks for the tip! :D

Author:  BinkyTheCat [ Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

k, wtf...

I go to subscribe but it's 9.99?!

sez I "do not qualify"...


and didn't toby mention his playlist link? where'd it go??

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 39.72 KiB | Viewed 1256 times ]

Author:  ScanSpeak [ Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

bbsupersport wrote:
ScanSpeak wrote:
I’ve downloaded my favourite albums and playlists from Tidal onto my smartphone and stream BT into my car using no cellular data.

I’m sure you can do the same with Spotify.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that! :?
Thanks for the tip! :D


Best part is if I’m running Tidal to a Bluetooth device in the house/Office the song continues to play when leaving and going into the car. (if you have the car stereo on Bluetooth audio). Music starts playing automatically.

I also have of Radio Paradise downloads saved in the same way. Starts playing automatically too. RP even has a car interface option.

Life is good.

Note
This is on an iPhoneX iOS11.2.1 256gig. I’m not sure this makes a difference other than maybe the amount of content one can download.

Author:  ae86 [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

Sorry, I should reiterate. It should be 10$ for Tidal Hifi and Tidal regular for free.

Tidal hifi is free for 3 months, or 6 on new regular trial at the same time. The IPO of Spotify is causing some nice music deals.

Author:  flm [ Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spotify Premium 0.99$ for 3 months

milesian wrote:
I have to say that since Spotify reduced their LUFS to match the other streaming services, their playback quality has improved. Plus their VORBIS streaming format is noticeably better than MP3. Still not on the same level as Tidal, but good enough not to totally ignore. Plus Deezer is streaming FLAC now, so they are a viable backup, should Tidal sink.


I have Deezer subscription so how do I access flac files?

Using a Bluesound Node 2. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/