Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:04 am
Posts: 411
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Just signed up to Spotify Premium for 0.99$ for 3 months.

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/intro/

Plan to use Spotify in the car since I just signed up to a 10 gig a month cell data plan. Trying it out on my Cambridge CXN. Sound quality isn't as nice as Tidal but listenable. With Tidal I could do without the flac files, or cd. Spotify will make me seek out the flac's or cd's for the main rig. Will do for the car for sure.

Hope Spotify goes flac eventually given Tidal isn't doing so well.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:25 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Thanks for the heads up! May as well try it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:04 am
Posts: 411
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
20$ for Tidal sucks.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:24 pm 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 1672
Location: Davidson, SK, CA
ae86 wrote:
20$ for Tidal sucks.
Are you kidding?????

I used to spend $200+ a month, easy, on CD's

And now $20 a month for unlimited 16/44 albums???

Dirt cheap. I feel guilty it's only that much.

It's the golden age of music consumption.

Get on the train.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

_________________
Davidson Home Audio Designs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
ae86 wrote:
Just signed up to Spotify Premium for 0.99$ for 3 months.

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/intro/

Plan to use Spotify in the car since I just signed up to a 10 gig a month cell data plan.


I’ve downloaded my favourite albums and playlists from Tidal onto my smartphone and stream BT into my car using no cellular data.

I’m sure you can do the same with Spotify.

_________________
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 957
Location: Rockwood, ON, CA
ae86 wrote:
20$ for Tidal sucks.


You are obviously joking. $20 for millions of Flac quality music tracks, is a steal. That wouldn’t even get get you Bell’s most abysmal basic satellite tv package. I have both Tidal and Spotify, plus I’m auditioning Deezer’s Flac service.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 am
Posts: 287
Location: Repentigny, QC, CA
Quote:
Are you kidding?????

I used to spend $200+ a month, easy, on CD's

And now $20 a month for unlimited 16/44 albums???

Dirt cheap. I feel guilty it's only that much.

It's the golden age of music consumption.

Get on the train.


+1
I just hope Tidal survives, that Spotify 'quality' is not the only thing available in the future.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 957
Location: Rockwood, ON, CA
I have to say that since Spotify reduced their LUFS to match the other streaming services, their playback quality has improved. Plus their VORBIS streaming format is noticeably better than MP3. Still not on the same level as Tidal, but good enough not to totally ignore. Plus Deezer is streaming FLAC now, so they are a viable backup, should Tidal sink.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 975
Location: Georgetown, ON, CA
ScanSpeak wrote:
I’ve downloaded my favourite albums and playlists from Tidal onto my smartphone and stream BT into my car using no cellular data.

I’m sure you can do the same with Spotify.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that! :?
Thanks for the tip! :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:04 pm
Posts: 2448
Location: saskatoon, SK, CA
k, wtf...

I go to subscribe but it's 9.99?!

sez I "do not qualify"...


and didn't toby mention his playlist link? where'd it go??


Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 39.72 KiB | Viewed 1231 times ]

_________________
You like that Redgren Grumbholdt reference? Yeah. Well, guess what? I made him up. You really are your father's children. Think for yourselves. Don't be sheep.


Last edited by BinkyTheCat on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
bbsupersport wrote:
ScanSpeak wrote:
I’ve downloaded my favourite albums and playlists from Tidal onto my smartphone and stream BT into my car using no cellular data.

I’m sure you can do the same with Spotify.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that! :?
Thanks for the tip! :D


Best part is if I’m running Tidal to a Bluetooth device in the house/Office the song continues to play when leaving and going into the car. (if you have the car stereo on Bluetooth audio). Music starts playing automatically.

I also have of Radio Paradise downloads saved in the same way. Starts playing automatically too. RP even has a car interface option.

Life is good.

Note
This is on an iPhoneX iOS11.2.1 256gig. I’m not sure this makes a difference other than maybe the amount of content one can download.

_________________
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:04 am
Posts: 411
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Sorry, I should reiterate. It should be 10$ for Tidal Hifi and Tidal regular for free.

Tidal hifi is free for 3 months, or 6 on new regular trial at the same time. The IPO of Spotify is causing some nice music deals.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:17 am
Posts: 35
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
milesian wrote:
I have to say that since Spotify reduced their LUFS to match the other streaming services, their playback quality has improved. Plus their VORBIS streaming format is noticeably better than MP3. Still not on the same level as Tidal, but good enough not to totally ignore. Plus Deezer is streaming FLAC now, so they are a viable backup, should Tidal sink.


I have Deezer subscription so how do I access flac files?

Using a Bluesound Node 2. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group