Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:27 pm 

I currently own the entire Energy Rc minus the RC 10. Im using the RC 50 as my mains and the LCR for the center. That being said..i want my center to sound huge! So i have a pair of RC 70s laying around collecting dust, which is a shame. Theyre underrated speakers to say the least and people are giving them away at a cheap price online. If youre familiar with the speaker, its a 3 way design. It has all the elements to make a great center. It would mimic the paradigm cc590 center to a tee! I just need to make the box out 3/4 MDF and transfer the components over. Ive built two subwoofers so i have little experience. Any Energy speaker owners have thoughts or have done this sort of thing?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:01 pm 

Ya I owned all the RC stuff too. How come you aren't using your 70s instead of the 50s?
I did think about that at one time too. The Energy C-C3 used 61/2" woofers and sounded bigger than the RCLCR
I was running 2 RCLCRs side by side for a while. A huge center with all RC drivers would be kinda cool.

If Energy had ever made a matching center for the V1.8s, I might have kept them...thought about making a matching center

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:20 am 

darcman wrote:
Ya I owned all the RC stuff too. How come you aren't using your 70s instead of the 50s?
I did think about that at one time too. The Energy C-C3 used 61/2" woofers and sounded bigger than the RCLCR
I was running 2 RCLCRs side by side for a while. A huge center with all RC drivers would be kinda cool.

If Energy had ever made a matching center for the V1.8s, I might have kept them...thought about making a matching center

Good question! I use the 50's because I believe they sound more open and warm. Energy uses the tapered crossover and when using the RC 70, I believe more midrange comes from that "midrange" range driver before it trickles down to the two 6 1/2 drivers.

Exactly my thoughts. I think the center should have the biggest woofers! Most professional movie theaters use 18 inch woofers behind their screen. The voices sound massive and clear. I know we cant do this in our home but one can dream;)