Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 am 

Takira71A wrote:
NordicNorm wrote:
... My system:

Asus VivoPC (running JRiver MC v.22)/SAN -> [USB] -> Singxer SU-1 -> [I2S] -> Gustard x20 Pro -> [Teo Audio GC] -> Don Sachs Model 1 preamp -> [Teo Audio GC] -> Soundcraftsmen monoblocks -> [16ga wire] -> Martin Logan Spire *note: cables are denoted in square brackets ([])

Very nice choice of Preamp! :D

.... And even more interesting choice of speaker wire -no problem with the gauge, but seriously not even a name/source (of the speaker wire) ? Sold core, multiple stand. Is it actually copper -or do we/you know ?

pj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:41 pm 

allhifi wrote:
newfinish wrote:
Yes so far its the usb i'd like to upgrade a bit , the ac cord i put one of my audioquest ng-2 cord on it. Connected to my Q4 which connect to the wall with a JBS cord.

With this so far theres really black background.

Hey NF: Strongly recommended is the Audioquest 'Carbon' USB cable -delightful.

Personally, I'd be gauging the SQ of a cable by it's measure/ability to throw a precise, dynamic, clean and clear wave-front (3-D like) and without exception, one that offers clear, clean, articulate LF, and not on its "black" background.

pj
(Try removing that RF trapping? device on AQ's power cords -it does nothing but impair sound (if tat model indeed has such a beast/growth attached to it -lol )

I bought the aq coffee USB , its impressive!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:45 am 

I have that DAC and use an AudioQuest Cinnamon USB and it sounds great. Compared to Metrum Octave DAC that I own, it is more detailed in every way. It can do higher resolution, DSD and comes with a remote and all this for an affordable price. The quality of the build is quite good, I was actually surprised. Since you can't buy them at the store, you are taking a leap of faith. The only reason I am not going to keep it, it really doesn't fit into my audio stand. I wish it was half size like my Metrum otherwise it would be staying. For the money it is a great DAC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:25 am 

allhifi wrote:
Takira71A wrote:
.... And even more interesting choice of speaker wire -no problem with the gauge, but seriously not even a name/source (of the speaker wire) ? Sold core, multiple stand. Is it actually copper -or do we/you know ?
pj

It was generic solid core copper. I have since replaced it with Pierre Gabriel L2 speaker cables.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am 

newfinish wrote:
allhifi wrote:
newfinish wrote:
Yes so far its the usb i'd like to upgrade a bit , the ac cord i put one of my audioquest ng-2 cord on it. Connected to my Q4 which connect to the wall with a JBS cord.

With this so far theres really black background.

Hey NF: Strongly recommended is the Audioquest 'Carbon' USB cable -delightful.

Personally, I'd be gauging the SQ of a cable by it's measure/ability to throw a precise, dynamic, clean and clear wave-front (3-D like) and without exception, one that offers clear, clean, articulate LF, and not on its "black" background.

pj
(Try removing that RF trapping? device on AQ's power cords -it does nothing but impair sound (if tat model indeed has such a beast/growth attached to it -lol )

I bought the aq coffee USB , its impressive!

After listening to the coffee i found it was indeed blacker but a very slight glare in the cymbals which made it a tad uncomfortable. But probably with less detailed and more tuby sound benefit from this usb?.. back to research.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am 

OK i tested nordost blue heaven usb and Shunyata venom (purple) on the computer pc . The sound is phenomenal! If i can say after letting the AQ coffee settle in . It did a fine job but for the price i got the nordost blue heaven usb (demo) AQ carbon hdmi (used) 2 venom Shunyata (used) for the price of the AQ Coffee .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:00 pm 

HAVE any of you guys finally bought it and setup wise how is it holding?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:59 pm 

newfinish wrote:
HAVE any of you guys finally bought it and setup wise how is it holding?

The latest Gustard is now the...

https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/gustard-d ... coder.html
GUSTARD DAC-X22 ES9038PRO.