Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:15 pm 

Deleted

Last edited by houndlover74 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:25 pm 

There is. Its called the Mod's section. Perhaps you should take notice that your in the positive feedback section. Not the Negative Feedback section. I believe its called doublethink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:52 am 

Guess I missed out on what applebook had to say, but I can imagine.

This I do know! There where problems with the preamp he bought, with both the line stage section and phono section and this was a week after he got it. I doubt very much that it just happened, just to many things.

I have no doubt it had problems for a while before Derek (applebook) got it.

I thought it was just tubes at first or maybe a bad cap.
Albert at Space Tech was away for 1 1/2 months, so Derek couldn't bring the preamp in until Albert was back.
It was then he found out what was wrong and how much it would cost him :shock: :shock:

I personally know there were problems with that preamp a week after Derek got it.

Ronald you should be coughing up half the costs of the repair. :!:
I sure as hell wouldn't be buying anything off you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:47 am 

AGAIN FOR THE LAST TIME. THERE IS A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK SECTION. Applebook has posted the issue in every other section of CAM except for one. NEGATIVE FEEDBACK SECTION. Pehaps he could post there and work towards a resolution. He has 18 positives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:54 am 

Quote:
Guess I missed out on what applebook had to say, but I can imagine.

This I do know! There where problems with the preamp he bought, with both the line stage section and phono section and this was a week after he got it. I doubt very much that it just happened, just to many things.

I have no doubt it had problems for a while before Derek (applebook) got it.

I thought it was just tubes at first or maybe a bad cap.
Albert at Space Tech was away for 1 1/2 months, so Derek couldn't bring the preamp in until Albert was back.
It was then he found out what was wrong and how much it would cost him

I personally know there were problems with that preamp a week after Derek got it.

Ronald you should be coughing up half the costs of the repair.
I sure as hell wouldn't be buying anything off you!!

This paid advertisement brought to you long after the fact by......

Hmmmm... so if Apple Book didn't get a turntable till months and months after the purchase.. as stated in his previous posts

How did you happen to know it was defective? Is your last name Kreskin? You didn't lend him a TT to use or you would have mentioned it.

I do read the forums... I know you and Apple are buddies Ktuuri.

Ktuuri ..

If Applebook had made an effort to advise me of his supposed immediate issues in a timely fashion... all might have been pleasantly surprized at how accommodating I might have been to helping him

But now after all the BS, lies, and personal attacks by Applebook....

Sorry but I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his guts were on fire... never mind giving him a refund.

This is now the end and you and Applebook can fire away all you want.

I am done with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:56 am 

Sorry Mods.... just pissy at the BS.

Applebook can move it to NEG Feed but nothing is gonna happen for Applebook on this from my end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:50 pm 

Quote:
Hmmmm... so if Apple Book didn't get a turntable till months and months after the purchase.. as stated in his previous posts

I thought for sure it was only a week or 2, until the time I saw the preamp, but as I said earlier there were problems with the line stage section of the preamp as well. Don't need a phono stage to use that.

Quote:
How did you happen to know it was defective? Is your last name Kreskin? You didn't lend him a TT to use or you would have mentioned it.

Know I didn't lend him a TT, but I lent him a phono stage.

Quote:
If Applebook had made an effort to advise me of his supposed immediate issues in a timely fashion... all might have been pleasantly surprized at how accommodating I might have been to helping him

I can understand you on that. I would be a little pissed myself if someone came back much later and said there were problems.
I can understand you being a little choked.

But the facts are that Derek called me and described the problem and I told him not to worry, it was most likely just a tube issue or the sockets needed a cleaning. I told him to bring it over and I'll clean the tube sockets for him.
I told Derek I had some known good tubes for the line stage, but as I didn't have any for the phono stage, I told him he could pick some up at Long + Mcquade.

A week or so after, he came over and I cleaned the sockets with deoxit and 99%Alc and retentioned the sockets.
I also tested all the tubes and here was another issuse. a few were alright, a few were around the questionable area and 2 of them were bad (weak) I had never measured tubes that weak in my tester. I should have keep the one that was about 2% as a reference as to how low a tube can go.

Here's a fact!! Tube sockets don't just up and die one day. Tubes will but tube sockets don't. I can see having a problem with a tube socket, that's the way it goes sometimes, but having 2 bad tube sockets is just really bad luck big time.
But having 3 bad tube sockets!!!! Just stinks and something stinks about someone who sells it!!
Having 3 bad tube sockets at the same time, tells me that there was an issuse ongoing for a while and the former owner would have to have known something was wrong.

Quote:
I do read the forums... I know you and Apple are buddies Ktuuri

Derek and I don't hang out together much, but we do share a passion for audio and since we live close by we have gotten to know each other.
In my dealing with Derek, I find him to be a stand up guy.

Tesco sorry for posting this here, I know applebook has mentioned this in other threads but I always miss it when he does and never got to say what I knew. I just wanted others to know that applebook wasn't full of BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:18 am 

Ktuuri. I never said applebook was full of B.S.

I just stated he should have used the proper area to post what transpired.

He has 18 good feedbacks. Was a good poster on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:00 pm 

I understand tesco. Never meant to infer you said he was full of BS.
All's well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:09 am 

Hey Ron and Matt...It was a real pleasure having you guys over on Sat. My wife commented later that it seemed like we were having fun...doesn't get better than that...Ron...I briefly contemplated giving you a Bud Powell Lp as a going away gift...then came to my senses! :lol: Oh...I found the Pat Boone stuff after you guys had already left :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 am 

Stone wrote:
Hey Ron and Matt...It was a real pleasure having you guys over on Sat. My wife commented later that it seemed like we were having fun...doesn't get better than that...Ron...I briefly contemplated giving you a Bud Powell Lp as a going away gift...then came to my senses! :lol: Oh...I found the Pat Boone stuff after you guys had already left :cry:

Maybe he would have prefered a copy of Abbey Road. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:19 pm 

Quote:
Maybe he would have prefered a copy of Abbey Road.

I buried Paul.... no... really I did... Heather Mills paid me to do it..... later this week I will be all over the news in handcuffs with a wild look in my eyes ...... most interviewed will say.. " he was a quiet man, who mostly kept to himself".... well come to think of it... hmmm... no one could say that about me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: