OFF - FOR SALE: iRiver Astell&Kern AK240 High Resolution Audio Player
Item #649467728Info: iRiver Astell&Kern AK240 High Resolution Audio Player
||9 - Excellent (?)
Oct 09, 18 7:43am (PST)
Edited: Nov 24, 18 10:42am
[other classified ads]
||Astell & Kern
99 See details
100% Positive Feedback
|Days in System:||47|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as OFF by seller and cannot be responded to. **
To provide native DSD playback on the AK240, Compose Dual CS4398. And also Install XMOS for AK240 that can play Native DSD. Built-in Wi-Fi to foster AK240 as a Network Player. To support Native DSD, MQS, and massive audio files,
Now with the AK240, we can dare say that we have gotten "that much closer" to the sound quality of the original recording. What is DSD? DSD (Direct Stream Digital) is a digital audio file format originally developed for SACDs (Super Audio CD). Regular digital audio file formats such as PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) is separated into 65,000(16bit) to 16,700,000(24bit) of information on the Y axis, and 44,100(44.1kHz) to 192,000(192kHz) across the X axis for digital signals. DSD files have 1bit (0s or 1s) for Y axis and is separated into 2,800,000(2.8MHz) to 5,600,000(5.6MHz) of information for X axis. Compared to regular audio CDs with 16bit/44.1kHz PCM format, SACD's recording frequency goes up to 100kHz and the dynamic range goes beyond 120dB while maintaining sound clarity during the transmission. Native DSD Support One of the approaches we decided that would help us move a step closer to the original sound quality was to provide native DSD playback without having to convert it into PCM. This was indeed a difficult task. In order to provide native DSD playback on the AK240, we had to select a different DAC chipset.
1. Digital music player — plays MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AIFF, APE, WMA, DFF, DSF
2. MicroSD card slot for cards up to 128GB (up to 384GB total memory)
3. 256GB Internal Storage expandable up to 384GB.
4. 3.31" color touchscreen OLED display
5. Built-in Wi-Fi for streaming and downloading music from a networked computer (requires free MQS Streaming Server software
6. Dual DACs with balanced audio output. Direct Stream
7. Digital offers more dynamic range.
8. 10-band EQ with 0.5dB-step adjustments and user-created presets
9. High-speed USB Micro-B interface (cable included) for drag-and-drop file transfer and battery charging
10, Built-in rechargeable battery
11. MQS playback closer to studio output than even SACD.
12. Continuous usable time: 10 hours
13. Product package dimensions: 6.6 x 10.7 x 1.8 cm; 186 g
14. Shipping weight: 685 g
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!