SOLD - FOR SALE: Classic AKAI GXC-325D Cassette Top-Load Tape Deck - for Restoration
Item #649402629Info: Classic AKAI GXC-325D Cassette Top-Load Tape Deck - for Restoration
||Cash, Paypal, Interac/EMT
Dec 28, 17 1:15pm (PST)
Edited: Mar 23, 18 10:26am
[other classified ads]
119 See details
100% Positive Feedback
Ottawa-guy has a verified PayPal account.Verified in Canada
|Days in System:||85|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
SOLD to Kai
The 1976 Akai GXC-325D cassette deck is an audio classic. In addition to its unique top-load format, it has many features, including a 3-head system featuring Akai's wear free GX-heads and Akai’s ADR (automatic distortion reduction) system. It is renowned for its quality and durability. The glass/ferrite heads are excellent performers and last almost forever.
This unit is complete and functioning but will need work to make it perform at its best. I was able to play back a pre-recorded stereo cassette and make a recording from a CD. Playback sound was not too bad but the recording I made was weak and there was some wow and flutter. The motor is quiet, the VU meters are working and the other controls I tried were working. At a minimum, the belts should be replaced, the controls cleaned, and the mechanism cleaned and relubricated to achieve performance it is capable of.
Cosmetically it is very good. There are some marks on the aluminum face plate but it is presentable. I don’t have the clear dust cover.
• Type: 3-head, single compact cassette deck
• Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stereo
• Tape Speed: 4.76 cm/s
• Heads: 1 x combination record/playback, 1 x erase
• Motor: AC servo outer rotor
• Tape Type: type I, CrO2, FeCr
• Noise Reduction: B
• Frequency Response: 30Hz to 19kHz (FeCr tape)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 61dB (dolby B)
• Wow and Flutter: 0.055%
• Total Harmonic Distortion: 1%
• Input: 70mV (line), 0.3mV (mic)
• Output: 0.775V (line)
• Semiconductors: 60 x transistors, 51 x diodes, 4 x FET, 1 x IC
• Dimensions: 442 x 142 x 301mm
• Weight: 8.6kg
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!