By posting your classified ad here, you agree that it is in compliance with our guidelines. We do not wish to censor or police the ads being posted here, nor do we have the time to monitor every posting, but in order to keep the site as relevant and useful as possible, to prevent abuses by a few people and to keep this forum comfortable and appropriate for our general audience, which includes people of all ages, races, religions, and nationalities, we reserve the right to remove any ads in violation of our guidelines that are brought to our attention. Therefore, all ads that are in violation of our guidelines are subject to being removed immediately and without prior notice. By posting an ad here, you agree to the following statement:
I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of all classified ads that I post under this program and that I will indemnify the Canuck Audio Mart and hold it harmless for any losses or damages to myself or to others that may result directly or indirectly from any ads that I post here.
What items are allowed on the site
Canuck Audio Mart is intended for buying and selling of hifi equipment such as you'd use to enjoy music or movies in a living room or in private listening situation (such as through headphones). Please only post such equipment in our classifieds.
Items that "audio related" but are not suitable on the site include:
- musical instruments
- guitar amps and Public Address (PA) systems
- pro recording equipment
- HAM, CB or other communication-specific (non-audio) radios
- audio equipment unrelated to hifi such as you'd use to enjoy music or movies in a living room or in private listening situation (such as through headphones)
By posting an ad here, you further agree to the following guidelines:
- All brands, items, and names listed in the ad must pertain to the ad in question. Do not list brands or items in your classified that have nothing to do with the ad. Messages like "I also have a ______ for sale" are not permitted in classifieds.
- List only a single item per classified, or only list multiple items in one classified if the intention is to sell them together. See details below for special exceptions.
- Include the name of the brand and model number of the item in the "Caption" or "Title" of the classified
- No foul or otherwise inappropriate language will be tolerated. Ads in violation of this rule are subject to being removed immediately and without warning.
- No racist, hateful, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated.
- No ad promoting activities that would be illegal under the laws of this State or Province, this Country, or of the state or country of domicile of the person posting the ad shall be allowed.
- Any ad that appears to be merely a test posting, a joke, or otherwise insincere or non-serious is subject to removal.
- All items posted for sale must be listed with a price or indicate that the seller is interested in a trade. The items posted for sale must be indicated if they are new or used or demo items. Do not post items which are just listings of products your company sells, with a link to your company site. Items for sale must have a price, or indicate Willing to Trade.
Users of this site will visit your company site if you advertise on Canuck Audio Mart. It's been proven that people visit the advertisers web sites.
Posting "bogus ads" which just direct the person to your site for further details annoy the buyers - and if the buyers quit coming, you lose your market, so let's work together on this one folks.
- Each Ad must include all information relevant to the ad. Except to link to official product pages, your ad should not ask users to visit external links for details such as pricing, condition, details, pictures, a list of other or related items you have for sale off the site, etc.
- You may not post images belonging to other users. This includes images from other user's listings whether they are on Canuck Audio Mart, craigslist, ebay, or any other marketplace.
- You cannot post items for sale or post an ad for your items which directs the buyer to another site where the item is also for sale. for example, you cannot list your item for sale on Canuck Audio Mart, and direct the buyer to such and such auction sites. This does not preclude you from attempting to sell on multiple sites, but you cannot direct people away from Canuck Audio Mart to another site. Your ad must stand on it's own merit as for sale item on Canuck Audio Mart with appropriate item description, price and contact info.
- Canuck Audio Mart reserves the ultimate discretion as to which ads, if any, are in violation of these guidelines.
Multiple Item Listings
All listings must be listed as individual listings per item. There are a few rare exceptions as follows:
- If the intent is to sell an entire system, an entire collection of something (magazines, knicknacks) as a single lot to one single buyer, the lot can be listed together. The ad must be clear that the entire lot is going for a single price.
- Free members who do frequent lot sales or appear to be abusing this policy may be asked to upgrade to a Premium User account.
- The following categories allow multiple items from a single brand to be listed together: cables, tubes, tonearms, cartridges, accessories, parts, and DIY/Repair supplies. Items listed together must be of the same type of product from the same brand, but can be listed together even if different in lengths, features, sizes or configuration. Eg: different models and lengths of cables with different terminations all from the same brand can be listed together. Ad listing title must indicate full name of all models in the listing
- Identical models of an item, in different colours (eg black or silver versions of an amp) can be listed together.
- Up to 5 low value hardware items of the same type of product and same brand (i.e. 5 Shure Cartridges) can be listed together if their total value is not more than $200.00. The ad title must list the model names of all items in the ad.
As with other policies, Moderators and Admin have the ultimate discretion when deciding what ads fit the multiple items guidelines.
Thank you. We hope that these guidelines will make Canuck Audio Mart more enjoyable for everyone.
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!