Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 am 

Just got back to The Loops after a West Coast triple-header of shows, the third of which was Jack White live in Vangroovy on Sunday night. If y'all want to hear one of the wickedest-thickest-rockin'est live bands around, this is the show to see & hear.
Absolutely killer performance & sound, with Jack III prowling the stage like a man possessed & playing the #### out of any instrument he touches. And that band of his, sweet lord they are killing it. Heading across Canuckistan as we speak, hear & see it if you dare...
8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 am 

One of my favorite artist...haven't had the chance to see him live yet, must have been an incredible show!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 pm 

Hi ,
Just read in the London free Press
Budwiser gardens Nov 6 2018 tickets start at 50 !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:26 pm 

Awesome price! Jack's show was so fantastic. And no matter WHAT I DO to my stereo at home, it just cannot match the scale & power of a properly amplified live concert. Which is why I love to go to concerts!
8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 pm 
Premium User

Old Rusty wrote:
Awesome price! Jack's show was so fantastic. And no matter WHAT I DO to my stereo at home, it just cannot match the scale & power of a properly amplified live concert. Which is why I love to go to concerts!
8)

...and as Bill Hick's was fond of saying:

"End of fu#king story!!!" 8)

Not a big fan of his though...but I know that oftentimes seeing somebody perform live gives an entirely different perspective to their music.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 pm 

There's also this: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/jack-white-phone-free-concert-edmonton-1.4783394?cmp=news-digests-edmonton

It's about time !!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:13 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

SK left out again :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:29 pm 

Some interesting live stuff in London in the September to November period with Steve Earle doing Copperhead Road and then Jack White and Joe Bonamassa.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:34 am 

Blake wrote:
Some interesting live stuff in London in the September to November period with Steve Earle doing Copperhead Road and then Jack White and Joe Bonamassa.

Don't forget Steven Wilson!

Genesis; "Carpet Crawlers" from Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. 1974

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 am 

Old Rusty wrote:
Just got back to The Loops after a West Coast triple-header of shows, the third of which was Jack White live in Vangroovy on Sunday night.

I was notified of a pre-sale for the Ottawa show by the venue a few days ago. It is billed as a no recording devices show and apparently if you have a phone or camera with you at the gate it will be placed in a locked secured bag/pouch that you keep with you. It will only open in a designated zone in the lobby/concourse or at the end of the show. Did they have that system in place in Vancouver?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:12 pm 

Tickets on sale this Saturday for November 10th in Laval...It's going to be a great show!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:40 pm 

I would of loved to see Steve Wilson in Kelowna but am looking forward to seeing Johnny Lang with Mavis Staples in September here in the Okanagan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:40 pm 

sixstringhack wrote:
Old Rusty wrote:
Just got back to The Loops after a West Coast triple-header of shows, the third of which was Jack White live in Vangroovy on Sunday night.

I was notified of a pre-sale for the Ottawa show by the venue a few days ago. It is billed as a no recording devices show and apparently if you have a phone or camera with you at the gate it will be placed in a locked secured bag/pouch that you keep with you. It will only open in a designated zone in the lobby/concourse or at the end of the show. Did they have that system in place in Vancouver?

They did. It was easy-peasy, well implemented & free. EVERYONE was focused on the show. Beautiful...
8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:42 am 

Old Rusty wrote:
sixstringhack wrote:
Old Rusty wrote:

They did. It was easy-peasy, well implemented & free. EVERYONE was focused on the show. Beautiful...
8)

Nice! Now they need to figure out how to deal with people who feel the need to talk through concerts...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:36 pm 

sixstringhack wrote:

Nice! Now they need to figure out how to deal with people who feel the need to talk through concerts...

Not too concerned with that. Not likely to hear them over the P.A. I went to the Skynyrd show at Budweiser stage last Saturday and this one guy insisted on squeezing his way past us on at least fifteen occasions while one if the acts was playing. It got so bad I actually had to say something to.him the last time. Needless to say that didn't go well. Common courtesy and consideration for our fellow man is a thing of the past in.most circumstances. The funniest thing is that after the show, when we were pulling out of the parking lot, someone walked in front of our car. Yep, you guessed it thei
rude interuptor from the show. Everyone in the car just about pissed themselves laughing.