Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:06 pm 

Hi everyone. I just got a paradigm pw2100 powered subwoofer. I would like to hook this up to my Harman Kardon 930 receiver. The receiver has pre outs. My sub has low level input left and right. What would be the proper way to hook this up? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:41 pm 

vinnie69 wrote:
Hi everyone. I just got a paradigm pw2100 powered subwoofer. I would like to hook this up to my Harman Kardon 930 receiver. The receiver has pre outs. My sub has low level input left and right. What would be the proper way to hook this up? Thanks

Remove the jumpers from back of receiver. Connect pre amp out to low level Input on the sub. Connect high pass out from sub to main amp in on the receiver. Set frequency and volume based on your speakers. In another word, where the jumpers used to be u now have cables connecting to and from the sub. Fiddle with the phase alignment if needed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:56 pm 

Bandy wrote:
vinnie69 wrote:

Remove the jumpers from back of receiver. Connect pre amp out to low level Input on the sub. Connect high pass out from sub to main amp in on the receiver. Set frequency and volume based on your speakers. In another word, where the jumpers used to be u now have cables connecting to and from the sub. Fiddle with the phase alignment if needed.

I have two y splitters( female -two males)can I ultize them so I won’t need four cables? With the y cables...I would only need two long cables. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:14 pm 

vinnie69 wrote:
Bandy wrote:
vinnie69 wrote:

I have two y splitters( female -two males)can I ultize them so I won’t need four cables? With the y cables...I would only need two long cables. Thanks

Ok. Got it working. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:25 pm 

I have two y splitters( female -two males)can I ultize them so I won’t need four cables? With the y cables...I would only need two long cables. Thanks[/quote]
Ok. Got it working. Thanks[/quote]
Glad u got it working, note, if u use splitters (can't really see your setup) u will either feed back your receivers with mono signal, or not use full potential of the sub, in another words, sub crossover filters out the low frequencies so your main speakers don't have to play it. Best use 2 stereo cables, 20-30 dollars.... no need to fall for the high end snake oil cable nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:51 pm 

Bandy wrote:

Ok. Got it working. Thanks[/quote]
Glad u got it working, note, if u use splitters (can't really see your setup) u will either feed back your receivers with mono signal, or not use full potential of the sub, in another words, sub crossover filters out the low frequencies so your main speakers don't have to play it. Best use 2 stereo cables, 20-30 dollars.... no need to fall for the high end snake oil cable nonsense.[/quote]
Think I will be returning this sub. It is making a weird poping noise. The guy I bought it from said it only did it on start up... but it does it a lot. Sound like a frog croaking. Not sure what to think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:00 pm 

vinnie69 wrote:
Bandy wrote:

Ok. Got it working. Thanks

Glad u got it working, note, if u use splitters (can't really see your setup) u will either feed back your receivers with mono signal, or not use full potential of the sub, in another words, sub crossover filters out the low frequencies so your main speakers don't have to play it. Best use 2 stereo cables, 20-30 dollars.... no need to fall for the high end snake oil cable nonsense.[/quote]
Think I will be returning this sub. It is making a weird poping noise. The guy I bought it from said it only did it on start up... but it does it a lot. Sound like a frog croaking. Not sure what to think.[/quote]
Return it if you can. Popping noise is most likely serious problem. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 am 

Back again. So the seller was kind enough to take the sub back. I have a paradigm ps1000 with low level inputs. If I use these in the same way as before, will I be able to control the cross over on the sub? If not will I have to use the speaker inputs and outs on the sub? I have another sub on the way ps1200. Think the inputs are the same. I want to keep the crossover st 50hz if I can. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:10 pm 

vinnie69 wrote:
Back again. So the seller was kind enough to take the sub back. I have a paradigm ps1000 with low level inputs. If I use these in the same way as before, will I be able to control the cross over on the sub? If not will I have to use the speaker inputs and outs on the sub? I have another sub on the way ps1200. Think the inputs are the same. I want to keep the crossover st 50hz if I can. Thanks

Yes same as before, with low level signal u set the crossover frequency on the sub.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm 

Bandy wrote:
vinnie69 wrote:

Yes same as before, with low level signal u set the crossover frequency on the sub.

Thanks Bandy.