Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:11 am 

Well after buying and selling on Canuck since its inception I finally got scammed by Dave @ insidelinemoto for $530. I emailed Dave and had good correspondences with him, in fact he mentioned he lived in my home town of London on Warncliffe Street at one point in his life. I felt comfortable with him even though he did not have feedback... but at one point neither did I. His original posting was from Alberta but who knows where he is from. I am a divorced dad with support responsibilities and $530 is a lot of money for me to lose. So I put this out to remind all you quality members to watch out and if you know how I can get my money back ( doubt it...it was emt) or other suggestions let me know. Canuck is aware of this and are taking measures. Thanks greg

BTW....enjoy the music.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 am 

I am guessing you used emt for payment. I am really sorry to hear about your loss.

What was it that you were buying?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:41 pm 

It’s getting harder and harder to trust anyone these days. Hopefully that doesn’t stop people from trying, as there are good people out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 pm 

Please give us the specifics; the way you found him (where did he advertise), what he was selling, telephone numbers etc. We need as much information as you can give us.

Sorry you got taken by this creep. Have you contacted the local police?

thanks, Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 pm 

EMT, again...

I wish everyone would read this prior to using EMT.
http://www.interac.ca/en/interac-etransfer-security.html

Good luck at trying to retrieve your money, not sure the police will do anything.

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm 
Premium User

I too was scammed for $750 through EMT... Once you get bit you become way more cautious! Live and learn - we all do!
Chin up everyone - can't let one DB ruin this place for everyone.

Cheers
Nathan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 pm 

I was in communications with someone who responded to one of my wanted ads this morning, we agreed a price and EMT to be completed later this evening, literally a few moments ago I received an email from CAM warning me that the individual who responded was suspected as a scammer and banned by CAM, phew that was a close call but Kudos to CAM for sending a warning notification.

Feel for those who have been stung by these scams.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:08 pm 

akitared wrote:
I was in communications with someone who responded to one of my wanted ads this morning, we agreed a price and EMT to be completed later this evening, literally a few moments ago I received an email from CAM warning me that the individual who responded was suspected as a scammer and banned by CAM, phew that was a close call but Kudos to CAM for sending a warning notification.

Feel for those who have been stung by these scams.

It's really nice to see a scum sucking scammer foiled. Yes, huge kudos to CAM for the warning. I feel very bad for the OP but it's uplifting so see one person saved.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:20 pm 
Premium User

Did he have any feedback if so how many?

Last edited by byefi on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 pm 

When you google 'insidelinemoto'.

You get http://www.insidelinemoto.com/

Based out of Orange, CA USA...

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:26 pm 
Premium User

Prestige wrote:
It’s getting harder and harder to trust anyone these days. Hopefully that doesn’t stop people from trying, as there are good people out there.

Actually complete opposite for myself. EMT rocks. Feedback is what makes or breaks dealings for myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:27 pm 

byefi wrote:

How does canuck simply send a warning email that he may be a scammer?

There was no feedback for CAM, I asked to conduct the transaction via Paypal, if he had feedback elsewhere such as Ebay etc, No Paypal account or other feedback.
He was willing to send me an address in Terrace BC along with a scan of his drivers license, not seen anything yet,

I was suspicious through the communication, Just grateful to CAM for the warning email confirming that our gut instinct is usually the right one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:33 pm 
Premium User

akitared wrote:
byefi wrote:

There was no feedback for CAM, I asked to conduct the transaction via Paypal, if he had feedback elsewhere such as Ebay etc, No Paypal account or other feedback.
He was willing to send me an address in Terrace BC along with a scan of his drivers license, not seen anything yet,

I was suspicious through the communication, Just grateful to CAM for the warning email confirming that our gut instinct is usually the right one.

Well happy for you. How anybody even considers doing a transaction with someone with no feedback is clearly stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:35 pm 

byefi wrote:
akitared wrote:
byefi wrote:

Well happy for you. How anybody even considers doing a transaction with someone with no feedback is clearly stupid.

Everyone starts at 0...

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:39 pm 

byefi wrote:
Prestige wrote:

Actually complete opposite for myself. EMT rocks. Feedback is what makes or breaks dealings for myself.

You are a transaction away from getting scammed. EMT is not a good way to pay for a private sale. In fact, it should be banned. Just about every bad transaction that I read about on CAM involves EMT's. Maybe they will finally wakeup and tell members not to use it.EMT's are meant to be used among relatives or close friends.