Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:00 am 
Premium User

I'm considering a purchase of a near new Dynavector 20x 2h to upgrade from my AT440MLa. Anyone know if it's a good match for a Rega RB250 w/ Michell Tecnoweight?

Ariston RD11 Superieur, RB250 & Tecnoweight, DV20X2H, LCR MkIII, Dacmagic100, Exposure 2010S2, AS Statement SEs, AS Testaments, PSB GT1s

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:14 am 
Premium User

This link details the RB250 - check your weights out etc.

Hope to see your AT cartridge listed in the classifieds in the near future....

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/rega/rb250.shtml

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

I know they work great with the 300 and 800 series arms if that helps.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:46 am 
Premium User

triathleteman wrote:
This link details the RB250 - check your weights out etc.

Hope to see your AT cartridge listed in the classifieds in the near future....

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/rega/rb250.shtml

You just might see it. I've done the deal for the Dynavector so should have it in a few days. The AT is an excellent mm, tracks like an F1 car & no inner groove distortion but I miss the extra bits you get with a mc hence the desire to upgrade 2 notches.

Ariston RD11 Superieur, RB250 & Tecnoweight, DV20X2H, LCR MkIII, Dacmagic100, Exposure 2010S2, AS Statement SEs, AS Testaments, PSB GT1s

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:00 am 

shawnwes wrote:
I'm considering a purchase of a near new Dynavector 20x 2h to upgrade from my AT440MLa. Anyone know if it's a good match for a Rega RB250 w/ Michell Tecnoweight?
The DV10x5 is supposedly a great match. I tried it once with my modded RB250 and didn't like it, but I'm used to LOMC with a SUT, so I think the problem lies with the phono stage.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:12 am 
Premium User

ripblade wrote:
shawnwes wrote:
The DV10x5 is supposedly a great match. I tried it once with my modded RB250 and didn't like it, but I'm used to LOMC with a SUT, so I think the problem lies with the phono stage.

I had to go HO as I don't have LO MC ability at the moment & am waiting to see what Robert at Lounge Audio releases this year. Supposed to have worked out a tube LCR idea he had so don't want to make any changes in the phono pre for now.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:27 am 

If you're using MM now, the move towards HOMC will be a step up, so to speak. :)

BTW, I believe AT works very well with the Rega...the DV should also.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:54 am 
Premium User

ripblade wrote:
If you're using MM now, the move towards HOMC will be a step up, so to speak. :)

BTW, I believe AT works very well with the Rega...the DV should also.

A Blue Point Special is the best cartridge I've ever owned before this so I'm sure I'll be wowed.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm 
Premium User

Cartridge arrived on time & in the shape described. A perfect Kijiji transaction.

To parrot New Record Day's Youtube review of the 20x2: imagine me nodding my head while I over enunciate "Wow!, Big Difference". Every part of the sound experience is better defined and a little bit warmer (i.e. brass sounds more like live brass): bass, cymbals, vocals, drums, piano, horns - everything. Dynamics are increased considerably also. Bring on the loud passages of Sinatra on Strangers In The Night or the quiet moments on Brubeck ala Mode.

I'm lovin' it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 pm 

I was using the BP Special on my Clearaudio Emotion and loved the sound. I am now using a Michell Tecnoarm which is a modified Rega RB 250 with a Micro benz Wood LOMC and think it is a great match. I'm sure the Dynavector will be nice with it as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm 
Premium User

The BPS I had was during the first year it came out. It really was a bit of a ground-breaker for it's time for those on a budget.

Even very low level listening, like I'm doing at this moment is greatly improved. Lot's more detail. I'm betting there's even more to come as, on paper at least, I don't think the Lounge Audio phono is the ideal match for the DV.

I don't think I could go back now.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 am 

LOVED the 20x on my RB300 many moons ago...

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:20 pm 

Dynavector and Rega = :)

Why not try Hana? Seen em up used. My Denon 301MKII is amazing on RB301.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:45 pm 
Premium User

ae86 wrote:
Dynavector and Rega = :)

Why not try Hana? Seen em up used. My Denon 301MKII is amazing on RB301.

Already purchased, shipped, installed, tweaked & working it's DV magic. Already listened to about 20 lp sides today & haven't done that in ages.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:38 pm 

ripblade wrote:
shawnwes wrote:

I have two decks with RB-250 arms. One uses a DV 10X5 and it is a great match. The other one is a Hana SL and it, too plays really well. Both arms are Origin Live with cardas wiring and inner damping. I really like the 250s.

Shawn, please be sure and update us once you have the new cart setup and broken in.

Best, Tom