Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:22 pm 

Sorry, I dont like to say it. I did great buy and sell deals here. But last couple years its declining rapidly. This site was a serious place for audio lovers. I used to have plenty of confidence. Lately its a ton of junk and lowball Kijiji like hunters who dont seem to know or care about audio at all. Just looking to flip and flake.

A shame and I cant say I know how to fix it. But the change is not for the better.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 pm 

Dude, you're harshing my mellow...
:?:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:35 pm 

AudioDuck wrote:
Sorry, I dont like to say it. I did great buy and sell deals here. But last couple years its declining rapidly. This site was a serious place for audio lovers. I used to have plenty of confidence. Lately its a ton of junk and lowball Kijiji like hunters who dont seem to know or care about audio at all. Just looking to flip and flake.

A shame and I cant say I know how to fix it. But the change is not for the better.

...does that mean you're buying and selling in about the 200 dollar range? ...that might explain it...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:35 pm 

Just like anything else you have to filter through the gobbly goop.

When selling, if the price is right, do you really care who purchases it...

Regards
Ohms

www.LEOHL.ca

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:52 pm 
Premium User

We have had very good luck here on CAM and guessing only dealing with happyhappy helps. only perfect place is heaven and not many seems to want to go there!

good day!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:01 pm 

In the last few years I have made a number of transactions on this site that have been very satisfactory. I have been content with the fair prices I have both bought and sold equipment for, and everyone I have dealt with (whether local face-to-face transaction or remote with shipping) have been friendly, helpful, honest, and all-around great guys.

And I usually am able to sell or find the pieces I am looking for within a few days or weeks (sometimes a few hours). I am really thankful for this community; if it weren't for CAM, I'd still be listening to music on very entry-level equipment.

I think it is a great hobby, and has many great people. But I don't pursue any ads that seem questionable to me ... I prefer to test and pick up equipment in person. There's a lot of stuff on this site that would not interest me ... I just don't go there.

Sorry I can't commiserate. I also think you must be dealing with people who are selling well-used, mass-market items. Most of the better pieces are owned and being sold by decent audio enthusiasts, in my experience.

It is true that kjj can be a nightmare at times ... but even there I have found some great deals. But I much prefer to deal with people here.

-- 11 May 2018 17:02 --

Fatfat wrote:
We have had very good luck here on CAM and guessing only dealing with happyhappy helps. only perfect place is heaven and not many seems to want to go there!

+1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:05 pm 
Premium User

Junk? I am astounded at the quality of all generations gear sometimes at good prices and sometimes at normal to high. It takes all kinds but CAM is incredible.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 pm 
Premium User

In the past two years I’ve assembled my system from scratch, purchasing my integrated amp, turntable, cartridge, two sets of speakers, speaker stands, a sub, and speaker cables. Only things I purchased new were the phono pre and a cheapish CD player to use as a transport. All good stuff, current models, lightly used and in great condition. Purchase price averaged 50% of retail when taxes accounted for. Transactions were smooth and sellers all knowledgeable enthusiasts. All in I have dropped around $20k.

So, I would say that my experiences, which are all quite recent, with the most recent being in April, have been on balance excellent.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 pm 

Six days. That is how many days since the last whinge.....you know. "Vinyl is dying", or "buyers are creeps" or "all sellers are gouging us".

If you don't like CAM and have nothing positive to share.... well, nobody is forcing you to stay.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 pm 

Well, as they say, your mileage may vary.
As your post was to complain, not take advice on how to improve your lot in CAM life, I won't offer any.
Their is a difference here from Kijiji #1... no Tupperware, dog collars, used art, (sorry, PreOwned art) cars, bikes, trikes...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:20 pm 

My experience with kijiji....there is more cheap moron than canuck audio...

yes there is some crap here but who cares? Peoples are fines in CAM

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:39 pm 

Sasklite wrote:
Well, as they say, your mileage may vary.
As your post was to complain, not take advice on how to improve your lot in CAM life, I won't offer any.
Their is a difference here from Kijiji #1... no Tupperware, dog collars, used art, (sorry, PreOwned art) cars, bikes, trikes...

Not a word of a lie, but some woman was selling her "used panties" on Kijiji locally the other day :shock: Lord knows, maybe there's a market for such, but in any case, CAM is not like that! so the OP might want to consider his/her comments a wee tad more carefully next time.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:41 pm 

I've had lots of good deals here. My one audio purchase on Kijiji didn't end well. The amp sounded great while it worked. I forget the details but I do remember transistors blowing and having to replace the amp a year later.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm 

I'm sorry but CAM is NO Kijiji...great community, great advice and a whole bunch of audio gear for sale at all price point!

Nothing is perfect in life but I disagree with you 100%! Sorry :D

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:00 pm 

Hey folks,

This is the second post on the subject in the last couple of days along with lowballer and deadbeat buyers posts. Thats enough gents, come on.

I am among the ones who greatly enjoy this place and slowly entering the 100 transactions milestone. Not a personal objective but rather a statement in WOW, WHAT A CAMMUNITY :) Every sale and purchase has been a great experience, love this hobby.

Ive had of everything when it comes to selling but all in all, Ive sold everything I posted in the price range I wanted.

Got something for sale, you get a reply with an offer that is not within your range; deny or and pass on to the next. Period.

Great deals appear everyday here, CAM is the place for all Canucks.

... how abourt a thread on CAM bashers ... thinking of it...

My 2 cents for what it worths.

Last edited by seba007 on Fri May 11, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next