Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 am 

So here’s a real mystery I’m hoping the CAM community can help out with. Probably a couple of weeks ago, Tidal stopped working over WiFi. Over cellular, streaming directly from the app it works fine. Over Wifi, either through the Tidal app or Auralic Lightening DS app, no dice. Streaming from a laptop with the Tidal app, no dice. But here’s the mystery. I’ve tried it over several different Wi-Fi locations and the two locations it does not work is my house and a friends. We both use Primus as our ISP. At other locations, it streams fine. Obviously the first thing I did was call Prumus to see if they changed anything.....nope. This only started a couple weeks ago. Spotify over DS or music from the connected hard drive works fine. It is only Tidal over my Primus line. What on earth could be causing this?!?! Any thoughts? I’ve had Tidal for years without issue using Primus. It’s only been the past couple weeks. Anyone else have this issue?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:08 pm 

dwolek wrote:
So here’s a real mystery I’m hoping the CAM community can help out with. Probably a couple of weeks ago, Tidal stopped working over WiFi. Over cellular, streaming directly from the app it works fine. Over Wifi, either through the Tidal app or Auralic Lightening DS app, no dice. Streaming from a laptop with the Tidal app, no dice. But here’s the mystery. I’ve tried it over several different Wi-Fi locations and the two locations it does not work is my house and a friends. We both use Primus as our ISP. At other locations, it streams fine. Obviously the first thing I did was call Prumus to see if they changed anything.....nope. This only started a couple weeks ago. Spotify over DS or music from the connected hard drive works fine. It is only Tidal over my Primus line. What on earth could be causing this?!?! Any thoughts? I’ve had Tidal for years without issue using Primus. It’s only been the past couple weeks. Anyone else have this issue?

Could be a bandwidth issue?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm 

Nope. I had them test it both WI-FI and LAN and all was up to speed. I also have a speed test app that shows strong signal strength. Primus uses Bell lines and I’ve tried it on other lines at other people’s houses and works fine. My guess is they’ve changed something in the router setting but surely some other CAMMER must be on Primus through Costco using tidal.

I understand bandwidth is different than signal strength, but it doesn’t work during the day when one would assume a low demand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:09 pm 

Have you tried disabling any firewall you may have running on the router?

[Edit] You may want to change the settings in the router that pertain to which bandwidth (2.4 GHz / 5GHz) and channel your on. Ideally, stay away from automatic settings. You may get some help in this area from a little software called inSSIDer from Meta Geek. https//www.metageek.com