Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:56 pm 

Great news for multi-channel and Floyd fans.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/roger-waters-pink-floyds-animals-will-be-reissued-in-5-1-surround-sound/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm 

great news count me in, just hope that it will be sacd. because most of there bluray live show , have very little sub woofer output. they say 5.1 but the .1 is dead, maybe 3 minute of playing time
hope they do meddle also. and get it out in big quantety, not just limited edition, or big expensive box set.
genesis as, I think 19 album out in sacd, dvd and bluray, but only available in limited boxe set and limited quantity.
I find it incredeble when they get something like this out , but limited quantity only???
and then they will complain that sales are not what it use to be???

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:53 pm 

...meh...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:58 am 

Woohoo, great album! Has been one of favourites for decades. Just bought the 2016 re-issue vinyl.

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:08 am 

Tom_r wrote:
Woohoo, great album! Has been one of favourites for decades. Just bought the 2016 re-issue vinyl.

...it happens to be my favorite Floyd record and certainly in my top 20 records period...just never been a fan of 5.1...it's...unnatural man... :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:52 am 

Tom_r wrote:

Yeah, my fav PF album. Saw the concert at Montreal's Big O.

Gilmour's guitar playing on Animals is tremendous. If it's anything like WYWH in multichannel, it's going t be great.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:59 am 

This I've been waiting for. My all time favourite Pink Floyd album.

I can't wait for this. It should be great!

Thank you for sharing.

Audiois1st

Check out My Streams: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userprofile.php?user_id=39933

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:03 pm 

zon001 wrote:
great news count me in, just hope that it will be sacd. because most of there bluray live show , have very little sub woofer output. they say 5.1 but the .1 is dead, maybe 3 minute of playing time
hope they do meddle also. and get it out in big quantety, not just limited edition, or big expensive box set.
genesis as, I think 19 album out in sacd, dvd and bluray, but only available in limited boxe set and limited quantity.
I find it incredeble when they get something like this out , but limited quantity only???
and then they will complain that sales are not what it use to be???

The gang over at QQ forum are going nuts over this announcement. Rightly so.

Pretty sure it will be SACD. I'm hoping!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:17 pm 

Stone wrote:
Tom_r wrote:

...it happens to be my favorite Floyd record and certainly in my top 20 records period...just never been a fan of 5.1...it's...unnatural man... :D

Well considering Floyd's live shows were in quad/surround ... and no one seemed to mind that ... happy almost 4:20 :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:32 pm 

Tom_r wrote:
Stone wrote:
Tom_r wrote:

Well considering Floyd's live shows were in quad/surround ... and no one seemed to mind that ... happy almost 4:20 :D

Yep, the Animals tour was in quad. I recall the 2 extra speaker banks at the back of the Olympic stadium. Unfortunately the Big O did not make for good acoustics. It sounded like crap, and the 50,000 screaming fans did not help. Many mistakes were made at that Big O show. One huge one; letting in 50,000 bored teenagers 6 hours before the concert with nothing to do except get stoned and drunk. By the time Floyd got on stage fans were completely inebriated.

There's also the spitting incident - apparently the catalyst for The Wall?

Last edited by vibrolux on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:44 pm 

I have dark side of the moon in sacd 5.1 , it is great, and I think I saw some wish you were here in sacd , but impossible to get a copy for minimum $100

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:06 pm 

zon001 wrote:
I have dark side of the moon in sacd 5.1 , it is great, and I think I saw some wish you were here in sacd , but impossible to get a copy for minimum $100

Agree, the SACD of DSOTM is great. WYWH on SACD is also really great. I picked this up when it first came out at a reasonable $50. I see them selling for $200+. Not sure whos buying though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm 

insane price indeed. I saw a genesis 19 sacd 5.1 +19 cd remastered boxe set that is selling at $1999 US
crazy price, seems to be the only way to buy them starting at a 4 piece boxe set at $199 for 4 dvd +cd going all the way to $1999 for the complete set, no individual sales.

why don t the records company start realizing there is a market out there and start the mass production???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 pm 

vibrolux wrote:
zon001 wrote:

Agree, the SACD of DSOTM is great. WYWH on SACD is also really great. I picked this up when it first came out at a reasonable $50. I see them selling for $200+. Not sure whos buying though.

Hmmmm ... in 1985 I paid $175 for my ticket to see PF the first night at Exhibition Stadium ... 10th row floors dead centre. One of my buddies used to see them free back then, he worked at Pearson Airport and PF would rent a hanger to practice/finalize their show before going out on tour.

zon001 wrote:
insane price indeed. I saw a genesis 19 sacd 5.1 +19 cd remastered boxe set that is selling at $1999 US
crazy price, seems to be the only way to buy them starting at a 4 piece boxe set at $199 for 4 dvd +cd going all the way to $1999 for the complete set, no individual sales.

why don t the records company start realizing there is a market out there and start the mass production???

It costs money to have stock sitting on a shelf. With a limited run they can quickly sell out and make their money.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:41 pm 

Tom_r wrote:
It costs money to have stock sitting on a shelf. With a limited run they can quickly sell out and make their money.

And the collector/resellers love this. It's the old supply and demand.

If anyone gets wind of an official release date for Animals 5.1, pls post. I don't want to miss out on this one.