Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:31 pm 

Here are my listening setups both two channel and headphone. Sorry for the lousy pictures.

-- 16 Apr 2018 01:37 --

sorry folks, meant to post this in the thread for show off your two channel listening set up

Attachments:
File comment: My main listening set up, separate Home Theater & 2 channel. Latter consists of Paradigm Studio 100 V5 or Martin Logan Source, McIntosh MAC 4280, Oppo BDP95
P1010652.JPG
P1010652.JPG [ 371.58 KiB | Viewed 1107 times ]
File comment: Headphone balanced amplifiers, Little Dot MK VI+ (tube) and Little Dot MK VII (solid state) and TEAC UD-501 balanced DAC
P1010649.JPG
P1010649.JPG [ 247.52 KiB | Viewed 1107 times ]
File comment: My man cave with various headphones Sony CD3000, Sennheiser HD-800, Audeze LCD2, Grado GS1000, Hifiman 400i, Grado PS1000, JVC HA-DX1000 (<< one of the best). Many more headphones not show, balanced Senn 600 & 650s and others
P1010648.JPG
P1010648.JPG [ 360.82 KiB | Viewed 1107 times ]
File comment: Pro-ject 2x Xperience with Nagaoka MP-500 Cartridge & Yaqin MS-12B phono preamp
P1010646.JPG
P1010646.JPG [ 287.37 KiB | Viewed 1107 times ]
File comment: Side system, Rega Naos speakers, Cambridge Audio CD Player azue 640-C, and Shuguang 58MK
P1010644.JPG
P1010644.JPG [ 259.24 KiB | Viewed 1107 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm 

HiFiNut

Interesting setup. However a couple of point worth mentioning. How/why would anyone how the time to use 12 different headphones? I often wonder why some CAM members show pictures detailing multiple pairs of speakers, headphones, amp and the like. Don't really know what the point is or how "down to earth" comparing this to the "average joe"

Clearly while both of the kids are enjoying time a universities, I could have invested into the system. However you can only listen to one song at a time!

Very nice multiple set ups.

Rega Planar 3/Nagaoka MP-11/Technics SL-7/SL-V5/Grado Black/NAD C725BEE/NAD C545BEE/NAD 613/NAD PP2/NAD DAC1/NAD HP20/Totem Arro/Technics SL-MC7/Sony MDR-1000X/Grado PS-500/Grado RS2/FiiO Q1 II/JDS Element

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:40 am 

I’ll say nice once to include all you systems/components.

As to the University comment, both my kids are finished next year. So a heads up to my fellow CAM members, I’m going to rage all over CAM’s classified section post April 2019. (;

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:52 am 

cdnduck wrote:
HiFiNut

Interesting setup. However a couple of point worth mentioning. How/why would anyone how the time to use 12 different headphones? I often wonder why some CAM members show pictures detailing multiple pairs of speakers, headphones, amp and the like. Don't really know what the point is or how "down to earth" comparing this to the "average joe"

Clearly while both of the kids are enjoying time a universities, I could have invested into the system. However you can only listen to one song at a time!

cdnduck

I understand your frustration financially with two children in university; I've paid for both my kids education, contributed towards my oldest son's wedding, help out my children still and never traveled/vacationed for years and years. I'm a grandpa now at a different stage in my life. I totally agree that it makes no sense to have so many headphones and plan on selling off quite a bit of it. I truly love audio and became irrationally obsessed with trying out different headphones, amps., speakers, etc., fortunately the vast majority of it was purchased used.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 am 
Premium User

Lots of nice stuff there! Enjoy all of it, it's nice to have variety - and I've bookmarked this page to show my wife that I'm not so crazy after all LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 am 

Eddieh77 wrote:
Lots of nice stuff there! Enjoy all of it, it's nice to have variety - and I've bookmarked this page to show my wife that I'm not so crazy after all LOL.

I agree. Something has to be said about the ability to pick a headphone (or component) based on its sound characteristics, ones mood or the type of music you wish to listen to. Nice collection you have there Hi_Fi_Nut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 am 

Eddieh77 wrote:

Good luck with that, my wife thinks I'm crazy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm 

HiFINut

I tip my hat to you sir!!! What you have done is highly regarded. Very nice systems you have.

Rega Planar 3/Nagaoka MP-11/Technics SL-7/SL-V5/Grado Black/NAD C725BEE/NAD C545BEE/NAD 613/NAD PP2/NAD DAC1/NAD HP20/Totem Arro/Technics SL-MC7/Sony MDR-1000X/Grado PS-500/Grado RS2/FiiO Q1 II/JDS Element

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 pm 

cdnduck wrote:
HiFiNut

I have multiple speaker systems throughout my apartment. It really depends on what type of music I'm listening to, or what atmosphere I want - bedroom or living room, bass or vocals, low volume listening or high volume listening, etc.

I kind of think of it like shoes. Not every occasion is the same; you wear dress shoes with the suit, trainers for exercise, loafers for... loafing around, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm 

HifISnus

You mean to tell me that you have 12 pairs of sneakers? Or 12 pairs of jeans? Each his own, but 12 pairs of headphones seem like a little excessive to me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 pm 

cdnduck wrote:
HifISnus

You mean to tell me that you have 12 pairs of sneakers? Or 12 pairs of jeans? Each his own, but 12 pairs of headphones seem like a little excessive to me.

Doesn't seem too far-fetched for me - 2 pairs of running shoes, 1 pair of weight lifting shoes, 5 pairs of boots for various types of work and climate, 3 pairs of loafers, and 2 pairs of dress shoes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:38 pm 

You know the old saying "The man with the most toys when he dies, wins." I know this is tongue in cheek but I am impressed with the multiple headphones and systems that you have. Maybe even a little envious. Maybe part of the enjoyment is the "collecting" part. No different than some who purchases multiple watches. Plus it looks impressive, so the aesthetic plays a part, at least in my eyes.

If it was me, I would have only one super system and not multiple but as I always say my needs are not your needs.

Do want you enjoy and thanks for showing us your gear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 am 

I agree that more is better. If I had the space I would have some sort of planar (quad or maggie), a full range dynamic speaker and a good 2 way as they all do their respective thing better than the others. I've made a compromise of a full range (almost) tower that doesn't take up too much floorspace.

Ariston RD11 Superieur, RB250 & Tecnoweight, DV20X2H, LCR MkIII, Dacmagic100, Exposure 2010S2, AS Statement SEs, AS Testaments, PSB GT1s