Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:52 pm 

Rockin' Richard's Record & CD Show n' Sale on Sunday, March 18th, at the Victoria Inn, Centennial Room (1808 Wellington Ave., Winnipeg).
Over 80 dealer tables. For sale: records, CDs, DVDs, T-shirts, Posters, Memorabilia, Books and Magazines, Sound Equipment and Supplies.
Admission is $5, parking is free. Starts at 10am, ends at 4pm. Only 2 per year so be sure to check it out. Lots of great stuff.This show is the 2nd biggest in Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm 

The weather should be great. Anyone from here plan on going?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:56 am 

Same old picked through stuff every show for most of the time.Dealers pick amongst each other before the doors open to the general public. This really irks some people. What I really find frustrating is the record boxes are packed so full that you can’t page through the assortment quickly enough.I just don’t know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:13 am 

Why would you pay to get in so you can fight the crowd to buy some thrift store stuff ? You don't have to pay a cover charge to get into a retail store. Just my rant as I resent the idea of a cover charge to get into a home show etc. and prefer to buy at venues with no cover charge.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:22 am 

They tell us the cover charge goes to a local charity, but you are right,lots of valu village junk . Humperdinck and Champagne polka rarities.Lots of Elvis for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:29 am 

I missed the last one but have attended in the past. Purchased several albums that I am very pleased with. Will miss it again tomorrow but would be attending if not for a previous engagement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 am 

Toad Hall wrote:
Why would you pay to get in so you can fight the crowd to buy some thrift store stuff ? You don't have to pay a cover charge to get into a retail store. Just my rant as I resent the idea of a cover charge to get into a home show etc. and prefer to buy at venues with no cover charge.

So you think the organizer gets the hall rental, license, insurance, and advertising for free? So Taves and other audio shows should be free too?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 am 

Here's the deal. It has become the second largest show in Canada. However, it is time for the guys to become selective about the vendors. The comments above are true. The vendors do side deals with each other before the shows, bring crap from their personal collections that they don't want, unload 2nd, 3rd, and 4th copies that are in less than great condition. The problem is also if you end up buying something in terrible shape there is no recourse. It's not like the vendors are putting their name on every album they sell. And even if they did, no way to chase most of them down, and for what? because you got burned for $30 on a crappy album?
I would probably shell out the $5 just to go and look around and socialize. I mean it's still a better deal than World of Wheels or the Boat Show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 pm 

Great turnout. The weather helped. Seems like the spring show brings in more people. The merchandising manager/rep from Streetheart, Harlequin, Orphan, and The Pumps had a table selling CDs, vinyl, photos, T-shirts etc. Also 2 Streetheart members signed autographs. A cameraman was there, not sure if it made the evening news though.