Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 pm 

G'day,
I'd love for Canuck Audio to enable much better photo resolution. All sellers now can take decent quality photos, & as soon as I enlarge then some to view labels or connectors... it's too blurry to be of use !
* When I get someone to email me the SAME EXACT FILE ; they're 100% viewable. They are clear ! Dealers have explained that it is Canuck's format that's at fault. Ugh.
Is this how I bring about the direly needed change? Or am I supposed to somehow email Canuck more directly ? Thx.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 pm 

Try clicking on the photo.

They look decent to me

Oh yeah,,, welcome to CAM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:09 pm 

I have to agree actually, bigger photos would be really nice.

Is it a resource thing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 pm 

This is a free site!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:28 am 

I have no trouble with resolution except for when a seller takes $hitty and blurry pics at low res. Nothing can help that except a photography class ... maybe!! Lol

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:55 am 

I think that the price paid for posting ads (FREE) is more than enough and we should just be thankfull and not be complaining about anything.

For me, photos in ads are just something to create interest and spark a discussion on the item offered for sale. Photos are not meant to replace actual sales discussions or email exchanges, and do not act as a silent "saleman". If you have been actively searching for months for model X amplifier, and you finally see an ad for one, will you restrain from contacting the seller because you can't read the label at the back of the unit? Of course not.

Current resolution is just fine, expecting more is overkill. Higher rez photos can usually be sent by the buyer for the asking, as even cell phone photos show details now. And if THIS is impossible to get from the seller, well, I suggest this is a bigger worry than the resolution limit on CAM.

And concerning blurred photos, and this is a very personnal point of view, it is almost impossible not to get a photo done correctly with today's tools, and by anyone able to hold an cell phone in his hand. This could be telling of someone who actually does not want to be transparent of product condition. I tend to stay away...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:12 am 

pics are fine
this is primarily a free site...expectations should reflect that. Now Kijiji has a problem with pic size.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 am 

Increasing the resolution does not guarantee improved quality for there are many factors involved in taking a high-quality picture. It does guarantee an increase in storage cost to which not knowing the actual numbers, could have an impact on the end user. Disc space does not come free.

I do not know how CAM allocates its storage across the different mediums. The galleries allow for higher resolution pictures than the market. BUT, viewing the galleries also displays poor quality pictures. In the end it is up to how much effort the user puts into their pictures – this cannot be controlled.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 am 

A little time spent learning photography and exposure by the posters would go a long way imo. Mind you with the average age of poster here...... (:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 am 

To quote Ivor Tiefenbrun of Linn............"Garbage in Garbage out"

If the original picture is low res,bad light,out of focus, and the size of a postage stamp the one on Cam will be no better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:50 am 

The forum sub-heading is entitled Site Suggestions and Request and the OP has made a reasonable request which has no bearing on whether an ads is free or not. IMHO, in most instances, it is not CAM, but the original file uploaded by the poster. I take my FS picture with an iPhone 7 and it will provide loads of resolution detail.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:20 am 

ScanSpeak wrote:
A little time spent learning photography and exposure by the posters would go a long way imo. Mind you with the average age of poster here...... (:

+1. Just providing a stable base for a camera can have a huge impact on the quality of the pictures. One does not need a professional SLR and Tripod, but it does not take much effort to prop up a smartphone or camera on a table per say and control it via voice command or timer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:51 am 

There are many cases when light, brain and hands work against the camera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:57 am 

My favourite photos are portrait orientation, so far back and poorly lit that you can't see anything but a black blur and a couple of patches of blurry light. Somehow that passes the two photo requirement for noobies though, so they must be good enough. Might be a CD player, might be a sex toy, might be both ... but there are two photographs in the ad.

Don't blame your Millennials for doing nothing. You did tell them they could do anything they wanted to do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:17 am 

In today's world there is no excuses to send bad pictures to display what one have to offer for sale, it tend me to ignore the ad just because in my mind it is a reflection of how much the seller care about the stuff he sells, and its worst if it is from a dealer imho, ex: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649420671-teac-a1501da-store-demo/