Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:44 am 
Distributor/Sponsor

Throughout the year Harbeth has been commemorating its 40th anniversary with the release of upgraded, limited edition variants of its already legendary speaker lineup. Late last year with the release of the Monitor 30.2 anniversary editions Harbeth introduced the silver eucalyptus finish, also available on the Monitor 40.2. The 30.2 quickly impressed the masses and along with its unique eye-catching finish it became one of the best received monitors of the decade.

In the April issue of Stereophile magazine Herb Reichert had a chance to review the 30.2 Silver Eucalyptus. They quickly became one his favourite speakers, he concluded “I also believe that Harbeth’s Monitor 30.2 is the most neutral, accurate, tuneful, fun, and music-loving stand-mounted two-way speaker I’ve heard.”

Stereophile Magazine also awarded the 30.2 the highest rating among its peers, attaining the 2018 Class A Recommended Component; “Best attainable sound for a component of its kind, almost without practical considerations; the least musical compromise.” Read the full review in the April issue of Stereophile Magazine.

Retail $6999 CAD

Contact Audio Alliance for dealer inquiries.

https://www.audioallianceinc.com/collec ... 2-speakers

Attachments:
Stereophile30.2.jpg
Stereophile30.2.jpg [ 214.08 KiB | Viewed 2223 times ]

info@audioallianceinc.com
http://www.audioallianceinc.com
(416) 461 3939
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:18 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

I have experienced these loudspeakers many, many times. Stereophile magazine has lost what little credibility they had with me. My NOLA Boxer S2s ($2900.00) completely destroy these Harbeths in every parameter imaginable.

J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:09 pm 

Prosoundman wrote:
I have experienced these loudspeakers many, many times. Stereophile magazine has lost what little credibility they had with me. My NOLA Boxer S2s ($2900.00) completely destroy these Harbeths in every parameter imaginable.

J.

Not really any of my concern, but this post wouldn’t be one of your finer moments.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:12 am 

shel243 wrote:
Prosoundman wrote:

J.

Not really any of my concern, but this post wouldn’t be one of your finer moments.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:06 am 

Hi,

AudioAllianceInc wrote:' The 30.2 quickly impressed the masses and along with its unique eye-catching finish it became one of the best received monitors of the decade.'

With all due respect, I don't think Alan Shaw would ever imagine that Harbeth is designing speakers to 'impress the masses'. At $7K Canadian these speakers are not going to reach your average Best-Buy customer, let alone the billions of others around the world who might be labeled, somewhat arrogantly I think, 'the masses'.

Cheers,
David Neice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm 

Got Hi-Fi wrote:
shel243 wrote:
Prosoundman wrote:

J.

+1

+2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:36 pm 
Premium User

Prosoundman wrote:

J.

Harbeth speakers are without question a very well respected brand globally and I have no personal issue with those who use, enjoy them and feel that they are excellent speakers overall. To each his own, yet have never done anything for my personal taste in a loudspeaker. Like cars, clothes, etc. Everything is a personal choice. Just good to know we have lots of choices...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:04 pm 

Quote:
Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 am 

What's the difference between the 30.1 and 30.2? And does planetofsound have a better room to audition these speakers on? I am scared to imagine how poor the bass will sound in that giant showroom they have. It's as big and tall as a church hall. And could I bring in my own amplification? Not a fan of those weak Audio Analog solid states I hear you guys routinely hook up the Harbeth's to for demos...

edit. woops didnt realize this was a different dealer ad. my mistake. my point still stands regarding planetofsounds showroom, however. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 pm 

iriszizka wrote:
What's the difference between the 30.1 and 30.2? And does planetofsound have a better room to audition these speakers on? I am scared to imagine how poor the bass will sound in that giant showroom they have. It's as big and tall as a church hall.

The large listening room at the Queen location is probably one of the better dealer listening rooms in Toronto. The best spot is allocated to the 40.2 of course. It may sound very different from your own home though since it doesn't have as many bass resonances as most home listening rooms.

iriszizka wrote:
And could I bring in my own amplification? Not a fan of those weak Audio Analog solid states I hear you guys routinely hook up the Harbeth's to for demos...

Everyone at Planet of Sound is always very helpful - you should be able to bring your amps in to listen although Planet of Sound also does have some excellent amps around from Air Tight to Accuphase...

I would stop by and give the Harbeth a listen..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm 

Does 30.2 also looks like this?

http://www.hifishock.org/gallery/speake ... 1-harbeth/