Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm 

Regardless of our opinions, regardless of what manufacturers say, regardless of what the media promotes, the best information I have ever found on the matter is in a video on You Tube called (please note the wording of the title on you tube)

"Deep Listening Why Audio Quality Matters (re-uploaded)" . This is the exact title. there are at times other versions of the same video but often the audio is removed.

It is a round table discussion in NYC. The discussion is about, yes, our favourite topic, "Why Audio Quality Matters". Those involved in the discussion are record producer Craig Street, mixing engineer Kevin Killen, mastering engineer Greg Calbi, remastering genius Steve Berkowitz (Legacy) , Michael Fremer form Stereophile and an audiophile guy, Evan Kornog.

Feel free to look up Street, Calbi, Killen and Berkowitz. Between the four of them they have probably worked on over 15,000 albums. These are the people who sit in the studios with our fave artists making records. They all have some of the most interesting insights into the digital vs analogue topic that I have ever heard.

Anyone and everyone who comes to CAM for any reason will find this discussion very very interesting to say the least.

I would make it easier and post the link but I don't think I am allowed to. The video is about two hours long, you can watch it all at once if you have the time (I didn't have the time but couldn't turn it off, or in stages.

I do hope all of you will watch this. It gives us a different perspective on our fave subjects, music and stereo.

Cheers and Ciao Ciao

Joe

Last edited by retiredelectrician on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:07 pm 

http://philoctetes.org/event/deep_listening_why_audio_quality_matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAz1aObRkjM
These? From 2008...

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 pm 

AudiOhm, Yes. I thought we were not allowed to post a URL, is all. Yes that's the one.

If you have seen it or are going to I would much appreciate your thoughts. Or a thumbs up. Or down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm 

Very interesting but not shocking in the least.