Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 pm 

I own the Teac CD-P650 CD player and am borrowing a friends Marantz CD6005 CD player. It sounds like the Marantz has a larger soundstage and more detail. I am contemplating purchasing a Marantz CD6006 to supplement my Teac. Has anyone compared the two players? Do you think it is worth putting out over $500 for another CD player when I already have a decent one. The Marantz just sounds better to me and my friend as well. Better enough to think of spending lots of money. This hobby is crazy expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 pm 

I'm not sure what you mean by supplement. Do you want to have two cd players, or would you keep the one that sounds best to you and then sell the other one. If you are only going to keep one it seems like a very reasonable cost for what you consider a significant sq upgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 pm 

Toad Hall wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by supplement. Do you want to have two cd players, or would you keep the one that sounds best to you and then sell the other one. If you are only going to keep one it seems like a very reasonable cost for what you consider a significant sq upgrade.

I am going to keep the Teac as it has the ability to transfer CDs to my Sony MP3 walkman. The Marantz does not have the capability but the sound is the best I've ever heard on a CD player. My CDs sound incredible. It can play music through the front USB port via my iphone using spotify. The sound quality is quite good that way too. The DAC in the Marantz makes music sound amazing to these middle aged male audiophile ears.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 am 

Scott954 wrote:
Toad Hall wrote:

I am going to keep the Teac as it has the ability to transfer CDs to my Sony MP3 walkman. The Marantz does not have the capability but the sound is the best I've ever heard on a CD player. My CDs sound incredible. It can play music through the front USB port via my iphone using spotify. The sound quality is quite good that way too. The DAC in the Marantz makes music sound amazing to these middle aged male audiophile ears.

Exceptional value & performance at Gibby's 'B" stock price for the CD6006.
Application of micro vibration/resonance controls to the 6006 raises SQ to another level.....pic. shows an effective and relatively inexpensive DIY approach.
Attachment:
marantz6006 005.jpg
marantz6006 005.jpg [ 338.16 KiB | Viewed 71 times ]