Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

Post subject: FREE RECORD CLEANING!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:04 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello everyone,

Starting this Friday Jan 26, 2018 to Friday Feb 2, 2018 we will be offering you free record cleaning. Bring up to 10 albums and we will clean them for you free of charge, you will also receive a 10% discount on turntables and turntable accessories.

Come in any day at any time between the hours of 10am - 7pm Monday through Friday and Saturday from 10am - 6pm... Closed on Sundays..

We will only be running this for 1 week so if you need some of your albums cleaned then its time to take advantage of this opportunity before its done.

Star Electronics
1136 The Queensway
Toronto Ontario M8Z1P7

P. 416 251-1111
http://www.stardeals.ca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:04 pm 

Is it by RCM or cavitation?

Some people might like the results and buy the machine!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:55 pm 

I am in. You are close to me - so why not. I am curious to see you shop too.

Thank you for the invite.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:52 am 

Sounds awesome...or will sound awesome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 am 

Im actually very surprised no one is offering the record cleaning as a service yet. This would make a pretty good part time job for someone who already has a decent RCM and free time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am 

tomcio wrote:
Im actually very surprised no one is offering the record cleaning as a service yet. This would make a pretty good part time job for someone who already has a decent RCM and free time.

I considered then rejected this idea. When you consider return on your investment and payment for your time there is almost no chance that the general public will pay enough to make it worth your trouble.

At anything less than $20 per LP I would need to be marketing product I could sell or giving my time away to generate a tiny amount of revenue.

Then there is the issue of dealing with the general public. Try telling someone with a 40 year old pop record with PB&J all over it that was played with a couple of quarters on the headshell that you can't help them. Or try explaining non-fill or badly set anti-skating. An LP can look pristine and be essentially unplayable. 10 cleanings can't fix those problems.

Also there's the boredom factor. Try doing more than 15 good LP cleanings without using recreational mood enhancers!

I did enough work because I had to in my previous life. Now I help out friends if I feel like it.

BTW, I am not a cynic - I'm a student of human nature who values his time.