Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:42 pm 

ive got 2 nakamichi CR3A getting fixed at 2 different locations thinking one would get fixed before the other its 2 months neither is fixed yet if you know shop with shorter wait times than this let me know thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Depending on what the issues are with your decks...parts availability, lead times, etc...

Tom McCartney, TM Electronics, 397 Valermo Drive, Etobicoke, ON M8W 2L4
905-301-3074
tmccartney@sympatico.ca

Enjoy,
MKoM, Toronto

MKOM represents designs which combine the pinnacle of Audio Engineering Excellence with in-house experience.
Visit: http://www.mykindofmusic.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:48 am 

jnaudio wrote:
ive got 2 nakamichi CR3A getting fixed at 2 different locations thinking one would get fixed before the other its 2 months neither is fixed yet if you know shop with shorter wait times than this let me know thanks

That seems to be the story with getting Nak's repaired / calibrated in Canada , long lead times .

John

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:58 am 

I have a Nakamichi LX5 that has a microprocessor problem. It has defied any sort of fix. I had two or three people look at it and they all threw in the towel for a variety of reasons.
Eventually I just gave up and bought an Aiwa. Damn good deck but it's not a Nak.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:00 am 

mahatma1 wrote:
I have a Nakamichi LX5 that has a microprocessor problem. It has defied any sort of fix. I had two or three people look at it and they all threw in the towel for a variety of reasons.
Eventually I just gave up and bought an Aiwa. Damn good deck but it's not a Nak.

I am awaiting the bill for repairing my LX-3 and if that works out will be my last tape deck I hope , I have an Awia F810 and a Yammy and a lot of tapes that I still play , but the Nak sounded so good I am willing to pony up the cash IF it can be fixed properly .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:00 am 

JFraser wrote:
mahatma1 wrote:

I am awaiting the bill for repairing my LX-3 and if that works out will be my last tape deck I hope , I have an Awia F810 and a Yammy and a lot of tapes that I still play , but the Nak sounded so good I am willing to pony up the cash IF it can be fixed properly .

The Aiwa (have to look at the model) is good enough that I don't miss the Nak too much.
I have hundreds of tapes that I spent hours recording and just can't find it in my heart to let them go.
Good luck with the Nak repairs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:32 am 

Audio One fixed my CR4A as well as a Revox B225 both in one week. Dropped off on a Friday and picked up on the next Friday and both worked perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:41 pm 

Got my Nak back from Sonor yesterday , took a few months but they called me and discussed what they thought had to be done etc and and I must say I am pleased with the results . Even tapes done on other machines that sounded really bad on the Nak now sound pretty good and recordings done on the Nak sound great . Burning my last MA110 metal tape at the moment actually so tip of the hat to Sonor . :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 pm 

JFraser wrote:
Got my Nak back from Sonor yesterday , took a few months but they called me and discussed what they thought had to be done etc and and I must say I am pleased with the results . Even tapes done on other machines that sounded really bad on the Nak now sound pretty good and recordings done on the Nak sound great . Burning my last MA110 metal tape at the moment actually so tip of the hat to Sonor . :D

Sonor? Where are they located?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:37 pm 

poupon wrote:
JFraser wrote:

Sonor? Where are they located?

Sonor / Philtronique , audio store in Montreal but they have the Nak tools .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:19 pm 

JFraser wrote:
But few months ?! Why ?
A part was hard to get or ... ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:35 pm 

Nakamichel wrote:
JFraser wrote:
But few months ?! Why ?
A part was hard to get or ... ?

I guess 40 year old tape decks are not a priority and parts are hard to come by ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:47 pm 

I have a DR-10 that needs a new belt. I’ve ordered a replacement (from England, for some reason) and I’m going to try to do the installation myself. I found a good online step by step guide, but it is still terrifying. Lots of bits. Everything else seems perfect and super clean. I think the previous owner didn’t play it a lot, and when the belt packed it in, was just happy to get it out of the house.
My kids (in their 20s) will be impressed that old Dad is riding the hipster wave.
Mellow Mood tape number 1, here we come!