Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 am 
Premium User

I've posted the details in the Cable Section:

I'm in the process of building a new system and it will be for the most part PS Audio gear. With that in mind I've been assembling cables from PS Audio. Specifically AC12 cables. I paid fair market value and avoided stuff shipped from overseas. I purchased one locally that was real. Two from Pennsylvania that were fake and one from Montreal that was also a turd. I'm not accusing the resellers of perpetrating any crimes. They could have been unwitting participants to a fraud. The fakes are 2m in length and come in a box that visually appears to be authentic. It has spelling errors on the box that make it obvious that it's not authentic. The cables are more rigid than the real one and also weigh in at 2.5 lbs the real one is 3.5 lbs.

Here is the link to PS Audio Forums about this fraud.

http://www.psaudio.com/forum/need-help- ... -2/#p82441

I got screwed. Please do your due diligence and ask for the correct details to be verified. Hopefully this will spare some people a rip off.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 pm 

The fake PSA power cords are everywhere. They were selling cheap and brought down the true resale value of the real stuff. My friend didn't want to buy the real stuff from me and ended up got nail by receiving a fake one that was far inferior in performance.

So you get what you paid for.

By the way, the link provided by the OP did not work, but the link provided in the Cable forum did work. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 pm 

Like DTS said, buy from Authorized at realistic pricing & you won't be a 'Loser'!....
Oh yea OP, the link you supplied is like the cable you ended up with!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 am 

Just got burned ..... bought two cables from a seller and they were fake. Sent them down to PS Audio for verification. Wished I had seen this earlier .... it would have saved me a lot of grief. Not sure how one can protect themselves from fraud - unless you pick it up in person and run a full set of tests. Especially if they are allowed to continue to sell products on CAM. ANYWAY - this needs to get publicized more so CAM members are aware.

[Edit by Mods: The seller in this case was unaware the cables he sold were fake. He too is a victim here.]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:51 am 

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=48538

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13249

This is not the first time with these cables...

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:51 am 

Spudhead wrote:
Just got burned ..... bought two cables from a seller and they were fake. Sent them down to PS Audio for verification. Wished I had seen this earlier .... it would have saved me a lot of grief. Not sure how one can protect themselves from fraud - unless you pick it up in person and run a full set of tests. Especially if they are allowed to continue to sell products on CAM. ANYWAY - this needs to get publicized more so CAM members are aware.

I would think selling counterfeit products on CAM is against the market rules. But CAM will not be able to police it without being informed. Use the “Report Ad” feature. Did you report your purchase?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:52 am 

Spudhead wrote:

I am sorry to hear this, but why haven't you left him negative feedback about the transaction? That is the best way for you to inform other CAM members.

This thread will fade away in time, but a seller's feedback is always visible for others to see.

Don't blame your Millennials for doing nothing. You did tell them they could do anything they wanted to do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:07 am 

I did use "report ad" but there doesn't appear that anything was done .... in terms of negative feedback . by the time I confirmed with PS Audio they were counterfeit I could no longer leave negative feedback - you think CAM would allow you to leave negative feedback - especially when you reported the ad as a counterfeit - system is broken.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:14 am 

How long after the purchase did you find out your cables were counterfeits? You have 60 days after the ad is closed or expired to leave feedback. Personally I think that is more than sufficient and wouldn’t say the system is broken. Have you contacted the seller? Perhaps a follow up with the moderators, but if it has been more than 60 days you maybe SOL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:15 am 

I assume that you contacted the seller when you found out they were fakes. What did he say in response?

Don't blame your Millennials for doing nothing. You did tell them they could do anything they wanted to do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:28 am 

I initially left positive feedback as the item arrived safely and undamaged ... it took a couple of days before I was suspicious as they were not giving the expected result ... removed positive feedback ... sent to PS Audio ....waited.... waited .... found out they were indeed fake .... tried to leave negative feedback but CAM will not let you. That is where the system is broken.
I contacted the customer .... he then removed the details of the original ad .... lots of blah, blah blah and ultimately said he purchased them from someone else and therefore he was not culpable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:45 am 

You didn't say that you had initially left positive feedback. That is why you couldn't post a negative one, not because too much time went by. I think it makes sense not to allow feedback to be changed, otherwise you could have guys playing back and forth positive-negative feedback tag. I post positive feedback when I am satisfied with the deal, and that means that it might take a bit of time ... depending on the nature of the deal.

... and just because he bought them that way does not remove his responsibility. Try and use that excuse with the police if you get a counterfeit $20 bill and then pass it off to an unsuspecting coffee house. You used the bill, you are responsible ... even if you got it from someone else. It is exactly the same thing. Thank you for warning us about this guy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:50 am 

Most of those cables were initially sold by Audioguy001. He sold over 25 on CAM and 8 on Audiogon.
He has ben banned from CAM.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 am 

Just so you know ... he claims to have bought them from Audioguy003 - so that may be the same guy under a new name .... if so he is not really banned!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 am 

Spudhead wrote:
Just so you know ... he claims to have bought them from Audioguy003 - so that may be the same guy under a new name .... if so he is not really banned!!

Possibly, but if you search "audioguy003" in "find user " nothing comes up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next