Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: IDA 8 speaker match
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 pm 

Has anyone found the perfect speaker match for the Nuprime IDA 8?. I have the Elac Uni fi UB51 and find they are not a good match what so ever. Im lookimg for something with a sensitivity of 87db or better. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: IDA 8 speaker match
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm 

Currently running an IDA-8 with Dynaudio Audience 52 speakers and it sounds great at both low and high volumes. Tried it with Totem Dreamcatchers and not a good match. Tried with with expensive Audio Physic speakers, and again, not as good of a match as the Dynaudios, for whatever reason. The IDA-8 seems to be a picky amp.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 pm 

I am running Martin Logan Motion 15 and very happy. I am surprised and the low end on these since the reviews often state the low end as the "con" of the speaker. I have had much higher end bookshelf speakers as well. I would certainly recommend a listen if you get the chance. The ribbon tweeter sounds really sweet!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 pm 

OP, what don't you like about your current speakers as that will probably help with suggestions. I'm using an IDA8 in my second system, paired with Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers & think the combo works quite well. Being my second system, I'm not super critical of it but for the price of the setup it is very hard to fault it & it sounds great all around.

In regards to the mention of AP speakers, while the IDA-8 is a great little amp, it still has its limits & more then likely the AP speakers exposed this. Also, they are usually a speaker that has not your "normal" room placement requirements & they typically take some playing around to sound their best.

Edit: Before the M20's I very briefly had the Focal Aria 906's on this amp, while the speakers weren't to my taste/ideal for the room, they did sound much better on the IDA-8 then then did on my previous Brio R.