Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:14 pm 

Cool story....so I was going over to a guy's house yesterday to see about a motorcycle I was thinking of buying, and walking up to the house I could see a set of large floor standers, looking quite vintage, plus multiple pieces of gear on the wall, as well as another set of new speakers. I figure this guy has to be a music lover, so my first question walking in the door was " what are those speakers?" turns out they were a set of Radford british made S90's. New to me, never heard them. That was all I had to do, and this guy was eager to show them off. We got into a great discussion about gear and music, rooms, etc, etc. He played the Radford's and the other set he had which were Bryston Model T's. Running them with a Bryston pre/power combo and Cambride DAC. I found the Radford's to be a more up front speaker and the Bryston's seemed to sit in the back so to speak. I preferred the Radfords. It was like I had known this guy for years, amazing that the love of audio can make two people amicable towards each other when they never met before.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:56 pm 

So... did you buy the bike? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:55 pm 

devon58 wrote:
So... did you buy the bike? :mrgreen:

Not yet. Going to look at another here in town. Less km's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:25 pm 

Radford built some great speakers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am 

What type of bike you looking at? Could be that it's your love of riding that made you guys amicable in the first place? :)
Anyway, I've never heard of Radford speakers...Apparently they made speaker kits (you can find the design for the S90's here) in the 70-'s I guess. Looks like an interesting speaker for sure.
Good luck on the bike search...getting kinda late for Sask. riding, no? I lived in Regina for 20 years, never bought a bike because of the 3 month summers (and I figure I'd likely have killed myself in my foolhardy youth) :)
B

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:53 am 

mantisory wrote:
What type of bike you looking at? Could be that it's your love of riding that made you guys amicable in the first place? :)
Anyway, I've never heard of Radford speakers...Apparently they made speaker kits (you can find the design for the S90's here) in the 70-'s I guess. Looks like an interesting speaker for sure.
Good luck on the bike search...getting kinda late for Sask. riding, no? I lived in Regina for 20 years, never bought a bike because of the 3 month summers (and I figure I'd likely have killed myself in my foolhardy youth) :)
B

BMW R1200GS. Sure, it's getting late in the season. If you put on some extra gear you can ride well into the later part of Oct. Usually late April/early May until third week of Oct, so 6-7 months. Cold mornings, nice ride in the pm though. I would hope living in Regina wasn't something you chose to do! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:44 am 

wild78 wrote:
mantisory wrote:
B

BMW R1200GS. Sure, it's getting late in the season. If you put on some extra gear you can ride well into the later part of Oct. Usually late April/early May until third week of Oct, so 6-7 months. Cold mornings, nice ride in the pm though. I would hope living in Regina wasn't something you chose to do! :lol:

No, we moved there in '80 when my father was transferred...though it's better than s'toon - at least we had local CFL games to watch :)
R1200GS! Nice. My cousin has one that he wants to sell...if he wasn't in the 'peg I'd probably have bought it. I have an R Nine T now, which is great for city riding, but no two-up and no touring....
Byron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 am 

wild78 wrote:
mantisory wrote:
B

autumn is the best season s for deal, if wanting to buy motorcycle.