Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 am 

Hi everyone,

Late Tuesday afternoon I placed an online order for a pair of interconnects from bluejeans cables, late Wednesday afternoon the FedEx guy was on my porch with my cables.

24 hrs from the the time I placed my order to the time I received the goods. Not bad considering I am on Vancouver Island and Bluejeans are in Seattle.

They have the very best audio cables in the business. Solid engineering, Great Pricing and best of all no foo! so I don't feel like an idiot when I shop there.

Pls check them out before you spend big bucks on nonsense.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:53 am 

Been using BJC for years now. Great sound, great products, no hocus pocus.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 am 

I've owned blue jeans cables in the past, and I agree that they ship quickly, and their cables are quite good for the money you pay for them. Without wanting to start some endless argument/debate, I have to say that I've compared them to other cables (mostly more $). In my opinion, while they held up quite well, they were ultimately found to be what they are advertised as - decent budget cables. The move to the cables I currently own was also a 'no-brainer' , foo or not :P
Byron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 am 

I must agree that they ship quickly, and their cables are quite good for the money you pay for them. Excellent budget cables and for most, all you will ever need to satisfy your cabling needs. There are better but you must be willing and able to pay more for them.

I have two pairs of their LC-1 Low Capacitance IC's and a Belden 1694A Coaxial Digital Audio Cable. I would not hesitate to buy from them again and they have a very informative website to boot.

Audiois1st

Check out My Components: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userprofile.php?user_id=39933

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:47 am 

Well I gues it depends on what you want from a cable company. Personally, I want the best cables I can afford. I have some BJCs and they are what they are. For the money, the cables themselves are okay, but performance wise there are far better cables to be had. If your system doesn't merit that kind of performance, then chances are you'll be happy with BJCs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:06 am 

I needed a custom set of xlr's made so I went with Blue Jean. Great service, decent product. Would I have been willing to spend more for the cables? Sure, but it was hard finding somebody to make a custom cable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:16 am 

Take Five Audio does custom work.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am 

BTPA.com makes custom lengths using Belden 8402 cable & High Clarity G&H XLR Connectors.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:43 am 

Audio_Guy wrote:
Hi everyone,

Late Tuesday afternoon I placed an online order for a pair of interconnects from bluejeans cables, late Wednesday afternoon the FedEx guy was on my porch with my cables.

24 hrs from the the time I placed my order to the time I received the goods. Not bad considering I am on Vancouver Island and Bluejeans are in Seattle.

They have the very best audio cables in the business. Solid engineering, Great Pricing and best of all no foo! so I don't feel like an idiot when I shop there.

:D Not to rain on your parade as I know You're very happy with your purchase but to claiim they make the best without trying everything on the market...see where I'm going? Of course they're good but seldom would we get a chance to hear "everything" out there. I've heard a lot of good stuff about their products but I haven't heard everything but do like my Audio Sensibility cables. Some people love TEO and so on....Whatever floats your boat.. :) cheers and happy listening.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:46 am 

Audio_Guy wrote:
Hi everyone,

Excellent choice! They are extremely well made and will not add or subtract anything from the music. Exactly what a cable is supposed to do ;) What did you end up getting?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am 

bluenosens wrote:
Audio_Guy wrote:
Hi everyone,

:D Not to rain on your parade as I know You're very happy with your purchase but to claiim they make the best without trying everything on the market...see where I'm going? Of course they're good but seldom would we get a chance to hear "everything" out there. I've heard a lot of good stuff about their products but I haven't heard everything but do like my Audio Sensibility cables. Some people love TEO and so on....Whatever floats your boat.. :) cheers and happy listening.

That's just what it is, à person sharing with us what floated his boat. I don't where Audio Sens ant Teo fit in this discussion.

What I do appreciate from the original post is the first-hand experience with a great purchasing experience from Blue Jeans, a lot harder to accomplish in today's market...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 am 

milag wrote:
bluenosens wrote:
Audio_Guy wrote:
Hi everyone,

That's just what it is, à person sharing with us what floated his boat. I don't where Audio Sens ant Teo fit in this discussion.

What I do appreciate from the original post is the first-hand experience with a great purchasing experience from Blue Jeans, a lot harder to accomplish in today's market...

I was simply pointing out that "they have the very best audio cables in the business". There are a number of cable manufacturers that of course believe they have the best. It is not to slight his choice. He is very happy and that's awesome. What is the best? Who really knows? I know a lot of wires are way too pricey. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 am 

gascho wrote:
Excellent choice! They are extremely well made and will not add or subtract anything from the music. Exactly what a cable is supposed to do ;) What did you end up getting?

Thanks, I bought one of each of the following:

1 BJC LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables, 2 1/2 foot, Black 33.75 $33.75
1 BJC LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables, 3 foot, Black~0.52~209~5 $35.25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 am 

I bought a digital coax cable from them. It was nothing special and was replaced a few months later. The cable was well made.

I think you could do better ordering some Van Damme instrument cable and soldering on some Neutrik connectors yourself...or buy them pre-made on ebay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 am 

I use their good HDMI cabling and ethernet cat 6 cables.
Seem quite good.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next