Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

Post subject: TAVES 2017 Shout Outs...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

TAVES 2017 is now in the books. I have to be honest... I've been doing shows on and off for the past 15 years, and speaking personally, this one was by far the best, most productive, and most fun. The room size was exactly what I needed, and despite the odd interruption due to the hubbub on the main show floor, the room sounded pretty darned decent. I had a great time, and am already looking forward to 2018.

I just wanted to take the time to thank those that helped make this such a great show for me...

First to Simon Au and the TAVES crew, who have always treated me like a king, and bend over backwards to make the show a painless and successful experience.

To my suppliers, who have helped me obtain some top notch brands to represent:

Jay Rein, Katherine Rein, and Richard Colburn - Bluebird Music (Chord, Spendor)
Herbert Wong, and Alex Yeung - Gutwire
Don Rhule - Kimbercan (Kimber, Quadraspire)
Bryan Taylor - The Gramophone (ATC, Marten, Melco)

Special thanks to Scott Wylde of Arcadia Audio for his excellent support and assistance before and during the show.

Super-special thanks to Gilbert Yeung of Blue Circle Audio, who not only helped man the Entracte Audio room for the entire show, but also commissioned not one, not two, but three brand new product designs for TAVES.

Last, but definitely not least... a huge thank you to all that stopped by. Even if our offerings were not your cup of tea, I appreciate the effort you made in coming to the show and having a look or listen!

George Taylor
Entracte Audio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:28 am 

very nicely said, seeing a positive note for a change is uplifting.

Kuzma, Clearaudio, Rega, Music Hall, Charisma, Haniwa
BBIC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:25 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Would have loved to be there to see all the fancy toys. And it would have been neat to meet Gilbert in person!

Sadly it is a long and fairly pricey trip from SK.

Maybe see you all there next year :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 am 

Sure nice getting out of Dodge and seeing you and meeting Gilbert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:13 pm 

Entracte Audio wrote:
TAVES 2017 is now in the books. I have to be honest... I've been doing shows on and off for the past 15 years, and speaking personally, this one was by far the best, most productive, and most fun. The room size was exactly what I needed, and despite the odd interruption due to the hubbub on the main show floor, the room sounded pretty darned decent. I had a great time, and am already looking forward to 2018.

I just wanted to take the time to thank those that helped make this such a great show for me...

First to Simon Au and the TAVES crew, who have always treated me like a king, and bend over backwards to make the show a painless and successful experience.

To my suppliers, who have helped me obtain some top notch brands to represent:

Jay Rein, Katherine Rein, and Richard Colburn - Bluebird Music (Chord, Spendor)
Herbert Wong, and Alex Yeung - Gutwire
Don Rhule - Kimbercan (Kimber, Quadraspire)
Bryan Taylor - The Gramophone (ATC, Marten, Melco)

Special thanks to Scott Wylde of Arcadia Audio for his excellent support and assistance before and during the show.

Super-special thanks to Gilbert Yeung of Blue Circle Audio, who not only helped man the Entracte Audio room for the entire show, but also commissioned not one, not two, but three brand new product designs for TAVES.

Last, but definitely not least... a huge thank you to all that stopped by. Even if our offerings were not your cup of tea, I appreciate the effort you made in coming to the show and having a look or listen!

George Taylor
Entracte Audio

I was in your room not once but TWICE!!....glad to see NEW Blue Circle products

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 am 

I am glad that someone liked the show. I found some positives in the show especially the several Tri-cell rooms & displays but the venue was not set up well & the air was not good. I was there all day Friday & my eyes were a mess from the extreme dryness. Perhaps, if the show returns to the Toronto Congress Centre next year - they could do something about the ventilation & the setup?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

There's always room for improving anything we do, but I think overall the people I spoke with were satisfied. A huge amount of effort goes into organizing these shows and I'm glad we have people to take it on here in Toronto.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

A picture of the main system from Entracte Audio's room at TAVES. Marten Django L were being shown with Blue Circle NSW amp and NSC pre-amp, Melco N1A v2 digital library, GutWire: Vision speaker cables, Uno-S interconnects, SV-12 and SV-6 power cables, Chord Hugo TT DAC and Blue Circle BC509 DAC.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:07 pm 

An audiophile from Hong Kong just posted pictures of the show.
Enjoy.

http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread.php?11806

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:27 am 

DHMC2000 wrote:
An audiophile from Hong Kong just posted pictures of the show.
Enjoy.

Now THAT'S how you do show photography - wow! Kudos to Leo from Hong Kong, hope you enjoyed T.O.!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:02 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

MY-HiEND is from Taiwan, not Hong Kong.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:51 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Charisma Audio wrote:
MY-HiEND is from Taiwan, not Hong Kong.

He does amazing show photography!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:09 pm 

Just checked out the above link. The writer was a visitor and attended the Show for just one day. Yes, the photos were excellent and he seemed to enjoy the Show.

He wrote down his impression of all the rooms that he visited and sorry that most of you guys could not understood what he wrote about as it was in Chinese.

In summary, his most impressed room is the Wynn Audio's room. His comments was that: the transparency was perfect, tonal balance was perfect, detail was perfect, frequency extension was perfect, sound stage was perfect; and he couldn't found any thing to complaint about.

I am sure he is a serious audiophile and know what to look for when auditioning a hifi system. I am sure that the effort put into setting up the fabulous system by the owner Wynn was well paid off here. He is a serious audiophile himself.

I have read thru a couple of other forum threads here at CAM regarding the feedback after attending the Show and seldom people giving credit to the Wynn Audio room. I am just wondering if it is just a matter of listening taste or do we just have a different level of understanding of what to look for?

I don't mean a mega price system will sound perfect automatically as that is not the point of this hobby. We should listen more to other "quality" systems and educate ourselves of what is good. This is just for our own benefit.